Author Topic: 2 hr fishing trip  (Read 2163 times)

Offline akdg

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
2 hr fishing trip
« on: Mar 24, 2006, 04:15 PM »
My son (Littlepike) and I decided to try a new pond today that we have been wanting to try all winter for panfish.  We heard that there might be crappie in there and seeing how we have never caught one we thought we should check it out while the ice was still good.  I picked him up after school and we grabbed our stuff an d headed out with 3 tipups and our jig poles to see what we could find in the two hours that we had to fish.  We set the 3 tipups with some small icicles on them and then I drilled a bunch of holes for us to jig out of.  On the first hole that I dropped my jig down this is what I hooked up with-

well that was not what I was expecting but it sure was fun on a little panfish pole with 4 lb line
Next we hopped from hole to hole looking for whatever we could find with the vex and ran into a couple of these guys-

Right after my son caught his perch he noticed that we had a flaggggggg!  We ran over to it and he started to pull in the line telling me that there was nothing there, then that there was, then that it was fighting really good, then that it was fighting really really good!  I was like, come on buddy it can't be that big just haul it in already, and then I saw it's mouth come up to the hole! Ok I understand now buddy, just take your time... and then he got it in the hole were I could grab this-

So if if we don't get to go again this season I think we will have ended it with a good one!  Till next season, tight lines to all from me and Littlepike!

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2 hr fishing trip
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2006, 05:33 PM »
AWESOME  FISH!!  Looks like littlepike was a pretty happy camper, way to end the year!!!  Esox...
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2006, 06:53 PM »
NIce way to end the season :) Great sized bass.
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2006, 05:41 AM »
Nice fish man!!! I have a similar place near here that I have been trying to catch crappies in and all we catch is big bass, pike (theres some hogs in there) and perch, the crappies are tough....its a helluva spot to go if u just wanna chase flags and have lots of action....Thats a good wrap if its your last for sure! :thumbsup:

perch@pans

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2006, 06:22 AM »
Two hours of fishing = awsome memories for you and your son ,time well spent ,congrats

Offline crappieslayer22

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • damn dinks
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2006, 05:06 PM »
nice fish
Loren W
ST.Croix
Iced Slabs
28 in walleye
15 in crappie
14 in perch
12 in golden shiner
25 in pickerel
11 1/4 in bluegill
6 1/2 pound largemouth
36 in lake trout

Offline fishinfergy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2006, 10:40 AM »
Well hopefully i run into a little pond like that not expecting to much and come up with some nice big fish to show.  I'm sure you will be back their next year.

Ferg
Go B's

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!FISH OFF.............
« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2006, 09:00 PM »
nice fish
Tom G :tipup:<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com