Author Topic: Jigging for Perch  (Read 800 times)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Jigging for Perch
« on: Jan 21, 2019, 10:01 PM »
Thanks for letting me share a little video of some fun Wyoming.
https://youtu.be/8uBQvGOGocg

Offline Yukoner

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Jigging for Perch
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2019, 10:39 PM »
Interesting that they are actually taking the dangling hook, rarely hitting the entire lure.

Kind of helps me understand why this rig is so effective for ice fishing.

Ted

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2019, 10:45 PM »
Interesting that they are actually taking the dangling hook, rarely hitting the entire lure.

Kind of helps me understand why this rig is so effective for ice fishing.

Ted
Thanks for watching Ted. Looks like a great combination you have there. What specific species do you go for with that setup? Might have to put a few together!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2019, 03:40 AM »
Prospector thank you for posting the video. Yukoner's photo looks like a Swedish pimple with a dropper chain added  you could use fishing line and a small treble or single hook to make something similar. Smaller size Kast Masters can also be used  first heard of this rig in IN-Fishermen magazine then saw it being used in one of their ice fishing videos. They pimple,kast master serves to call fish in and then hopefully they bite the smaller hook. It is important to keep any dropper line at 2 inches or shorter to prevent tangles. I've also used small tear drop or horizontal hanging jigs under the pimple or kast master. Custom Jigs& Spins sell what they a Slip Dropper rig piece of metal for flash/attraction and then a small treble or ratso or shrimp underneath the rig comes with pieces of plastic slide one piece on your line run line down one side of the metal your line through hole in the metal and down other side put second piece of plastic on line slide it up and on to the metal attach hook to remaining section of your line. CustomJigs & Spins's website has photos /diagrams showing the process which should make things clearer then my explanation.
The weight of the pimple/kast master helps the rig sink fast to get back down to fish.

Steve

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2019, 06:40 AM »
Great information.  Thanks Steve!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2019, 09:07 PM »
Prospector happy to pass on what I've learned over my years of ice fishing.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.