New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Brant lake help.  (Read 614 times)

Offline gill_getter

• IceShanty Rookie
Brant lake help.
« on: Jan 16, 2019, 09:36 PM »
So since I have moved this way I tried my hand at fishing Brant lake for the first time. I've been out from Jimbo's 4 times and have fished from a couple hundred South to a couple hundred yards north of Jimbo's. The perch action has been good but we have only found one rainbow. Does anyone have any tips, depth of water, tackle, or any other information they would be willing to share with me to help my girl and I get into some trout on Brant lake? Any info would be appreciated

Offline perchinmybucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Brant lake help.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2019, 09:51 PM »
Try hanging night crawlers 5-7 feet under the ice and a couple a few feet off bottom. Size 16 trebles, 4-6 lb mono or floro. You will get perch pestering you the closer you get to bottom though. Get your tip ups in early. Ive had slow days out there many times and some really good days. 

Offline gill_getter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2019, 10:25 PM »
Try hanging night crawlers 5-7 feet under the ice and a couple a few feet off bottom. Size 16 trebles, 4-6 lb mono or floro. You will get perch pestering you the closer you get to bottom though. Get your tip ups in early. Ive had slow days out there many times and some really good days.
Half a crawler or so? Appreciate the help

Offline perchinmybucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2019, 07:25 AM »
Deff still run some shiners or fat heads on your set as well.  If you can jig any smelt that’s your best chances IMO.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.