Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Anyone headed to NE SD?  (Read 467 times)

Offline ryan3703

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone headed to NE SD?
« on: Jan 11, 2019, 11:41 PM »
Just wondering if you have been or are planning a trip to the Webster area?  Heading up on the 23rd just figured i throw this thread out there since walking on water in Iowa is most likely done for the year.
Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Anyone headed to NE SD?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2019, 10:27 PM »
Just wondering if you have been or are planning a trip to the Webster area?  Heading up on the 23rd just figured i throw this thread out there since walking on water in Iowa is most likely done for the year.

Not sure where you are at in southern iowa, but we have a good 15in up north which is kinda thin right now for up here. Ice is very fishable.

I plan on going up that way, just haven't had the time lately. I had some friends go up that way and the fishing was so-so. Quality fish it was just a tuff bite. For general all around info, sportsmans cove is the place to call and can help you with any questions.

Offline cropee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2019, 12:26 PM »
Was up there 10 - 12th. Tough bite. Walleye bite on waubay was zero perch bite was tough managed four fish saturday. Marked fish all day on friday but only caught 2. Bitter was a bit better bite but all dinks. Pm n i can give u more info

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2019, 12:50 PM »
Was just up there. Walleye and perch bite on Bitter was great. Lots of sorting but lots of action. Some real nice fish caught too. I would say Bitter is going pretty good.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2019, 10:57 PM »
Was just up there. Walleye and perch bite on Bitter was great. Lots of sorting but lots of action. Some real nice fish caught too. I would say Bitter is going pretty good.

Glad to hear. I think Bitter is in its rebound cycle on perch....I've heard lots of nice eater walleye outta bitter this year.

Offline ryan3703

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:35 AM »
thanks for the info! headed up Friday more than likely will be fishing north of the big lakes since we are staying in 20 miles north of Webster.
Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.