This board sponsored in part by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 71002 times)

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Slayin & Filletin
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #870 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:14 PM »
Nice job on the fish everyone. Tough evening for me. Fished one of my eye spots for the evening bite. I landed 1 short and lost 2 keepers at the hole. Time to try out a couple new spots this week. I heard someone got stuck in one of the bad cracks on a wheeler. Rick and the boys from Apps were on the recovery. Rick said he went through when he was rigging up the hoist to get the guys wheeler out. Don’t think he went in to far but enough to get a little wet! At least everyone is ok. Also heard Ricks son say someone found a pretty good sized gas hole out in front of Cleveland along the second bar. Everyone be safe and use caution out there. Even though there is good ice those gas holes and cracks are around.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD
ICE FISHIN ON A MISSION

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #871 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:21 PM »

😁

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #872 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:29 AM »

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #873 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:46 AM »
cookies bait on rte. 298 Bridgeport

Cookies has been open early and it's well stocked. He has some flip overs and other ice related stuff this year too.

We did ok with perch and few eyes yesterday and one of our group ended up with the first place perch in South Shore derby. Not an easy bite, I had five rods out changing constantly. 26' mid lake

Offline PLGoose88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #874 on: Feb 11, 2019, 12:59 PM »
Hi. Can anyone recommend a good starting place to walk out of on Oneida. Never fished there and am looking to come up and walk on foot. Also if anyone can recommend a guide that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #875 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:13 PM »
Hi. Can anyone recommend a good starting place to walk out of on Oneida. Never fished there and am looking to come up and walk on foot. Also if anyone can recommend a guide that would be awesome.

Thanks.Chapman park in Madison county.....rte. 31 ....south shore.....don't have to walk to far to get to perch waters......30 fow +

Offline PLGoose88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #876 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:36 PM »

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #877 on: Feb 11, 2019, 02:21 PM »
Well, let's see a couple PICs. I need to build a new one.

i  used  the same  skis  .....this  time i  cut enough  wood  to build  2 so if i  break   it  again i  have replacement parts all ready  ;D

fish i  just used  the plans  from  smittys  thread  "my 20 dollar sled"  i'm  not a  great  carpenter   but this was  easy

Offline Fishin-Mission

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #878 on: Feb 11, 2019, 02:26 PM »
Hey Trapper are those Cross Country or Down Hill Skies on your Smitty?  They look like Cross Country.  The Down Hill Skies I have are heavy and do not feel appropriate for a smitty sled.

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #879 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:29 PM »
Headed out of Godfrey this morning and couldn't get away from 10 - 14" walleye.  The marks acted like pins and pins they were.  Tried a number of holes from 32 to 42 fow.  Only a few perch in the mix.  Ice was solid and a fairly easy drag for my Smitty.  Maybe the weather was too nice.  Every time I think I have this place figured out I get a reminder like today. 

Online twinlakesfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #880 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:45 PM »
need to make my way up there for sure

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #881 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:48 PM »
had one of those once a year days today.........kept 36 perch and probably thru back as many.........ice was great......smooth sailing for the wheeler.....quit at noon.....could have caught a 100 if i wanted........just one of those days......next trip could be a bust....hard tellin not knowin

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #882 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:15 PM »
Hey Trapper are those Cross Country or Down Hill Skies on your Smitty?  They look like Cross Country.  The Down Hill Skies I have are heavy and do not feel appropriate for a smitty sled.

cross country I  got  them off the  side of the  road

Offline SeanP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Formally known as SPN1
« Reply #883 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:30 PM »
cross country I  got  them off the  side of the  road

Hahaha side of the road!!!! someones Christmas decorations!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #884 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:46 PM »
NOOOO what is  wrong  with  your  sean I  wouldn't  do something  like  that!!!!

I took them off  a  lady that was  cross country  skiing when she  fell  on the side of the road

:roflmao:

Offline SeanP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Formally known as SPN1
« Reply #885 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:50 PM »
Hmmmm figured there was more to the story!!!

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #886 on: Feb 11, 2019, 05:26 PM »
Nice job. Scout!

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #887 on: Feb 11, 2019, 05:45 PM »
went ou at 1:30 ended with 16 perch and an eye think i could of put a hurt on perch but started chasing eyes at like 230 found them but they wouldnt hit.... seems like the perch will hit just gotta punch holes

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #888 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:18 PM »
went ou at 1:30 ended with 16 perch and an eye think i could of put a hurt on perch but started chasing eyes at like 230 found them but they wouldnt hit.... seems like the perch will hit just gotta punch holes
agree oneida.......dropped on an active batch of fish.......most fish I marked would hit.......minnows, spikes,heads  even bare jigs a few times.....that was today, tomorrow is a new day

Offline crappyfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • no, it's not spelled wrong, I'm just not any good
« Reply #889 on: Feb 11, 2019, 09:25 PM »
Fished out of William's beach today, good ice but open GAS HOLE midway between the parking lot and island. The open water is only 2'x2' with bubbles but the edges are still thin. Small perch, got 1 keeper just north of the island- typical day for me. Be safe out there.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Slayin & Filletin
« Reply #890 on: Feb 11, 2019, 09:47 PM »
Nice job Scout and Oneida. I got out this afternoon. Fished 4-5:30. Tried a new spot and ended up having fun with the eyes. Landed 6 keeper eyes and one nice perch. Also dumped 4 keepers at the hole due to a bad treble hook that I finally switched out. Fish were pretty aggressive. I hooked most of my fish half to 3/4 of the way up the water column in 29 fow. They were coming off the bottom like rockets 🚀 They were hitting raps with minnow heads and also got a few on bare jiggin rap.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD
ICE FISHIN ON A MISSION

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #891 on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:16 AM »
Nice job Scout and Oneida. I got out this afternoon. Fished 4-5:30. Tried a new spot and ended up having fun with the eyes. Landed 6 keeper eyes and one nice perch. Also dumped 4 keepers at the hole due to a bad treble hook that I finally switched out. Fish were pretty aggressive. I hooked most of my fish half to 3/4 of the way up the water column in 29 fow. They were coming off the bottom like rockets 🚀 They were hitting raps with minnow heads and also got a few on bare jiggin rap.
love that kind of bite........

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #892 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:38 AM »
Nice job guys! Sounds like a good pre storm bite.

Offline fly_rodder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #893 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:32 AM »
Is Chapman not a great starting point to walk out for walleyes?  I've been out a few times there so far this season in 30-34 FOW and have only been in perch.  They've been big & plentiful perch, but not wallys.  Might have to expand my range some.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #894 on: Feb 12, 2019, 08:33 AM »
Chapman is not known for having eyes in a reasonable walking distance theres always a few here and there but ive never found good numbers

Offline chummer16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #895 on: Feb 12, 2019, 08:55 AM »
I thought I would share what I am doing with the 9-10” perch. FISH TACOS!!!  Stumbled on making them at my wife’s request. I use tortilla wraps, fried perch, cheese, corn, lettuce, hot peppers and avocado.  Use your normal recipe for frying.  Use 2-3 of the smaller fillets per wrap.  Absolutely delicious, and I am not a taco guy.

Online slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #896 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:00 AM »
I thought I would share what I am doing with the 9-10” perch. FISH TACOS!!!  Stumbled on making them at my wife’s request. I use tortilla wraps, fried perch, cheese, corn, lettuce, hot peppers and avocado.  Use your normal recipe for frying.  Use 2-3 of the smaller fillets per wrap.  Absolutely delicious, and I am not a taco guy.

Sounds great.  The avocado and hot peppers sound like a nice addition. 

Offline fly_rodder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #897 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:19 AM »
Chapman is not known for having eyes in a reasonable walking distance theres always a few here and there but ive never found good numbers
Thanks for that.  I don't mind exploring and there's plenty of lake out there.

Offline elrodalonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #898 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:20 AM »
Nice job guys! Sounds like a good pre storm bite.
X2. Always a good day to deer hunt too.

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #899 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:36 AM »
Hey diehards with sales starting for softwater fishing, I would like to know what rod you like best for walleye jigging. Bass pro will be having their trade in days soon.
Thanks in advance.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.