The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Power Auger Recommendations  (Read 5240 times)

Offline paulamaxim

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fishing grammie
Re: Power Auger Recommendations
« Reply #60 on: Jan 08, 2019, 09:23 PM »
My husband bought me my own auger for Christmas!!!  I now use a strike master electric with a 10" bit.  It is light, only about 22 lbs and I can carry it and drill holes as long as I want!  It is a beast drilling holes!  The only thing you hear is the ice cutting!  No funes, no pulling to start!  Just push the button and off I go!  I'd highly recommend it!

Offline Patriots Pole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:29 PM »
I bought an Eskimo 8" Hand Auger-60 bucks. Bought a Brocraft drill bit adapter-15 Bucks and I already had a 20 Volt Dewalt drill. Its works awesome, just hold onto it when it get down towards the crusty ice on the bottom..

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #62 on: Feb 13, 2019, 08:39 AM »
all the electrics are great until you have some slush layers, then they are useless. i have the ion 8in . i just sold and strikemaster 10in lazer electric 50 amp and both completely stall out drilling w/ any slush in the hole. ask temper. he has the 8in kdrill w/ the same issue. keep your old jiffy for the late season ice. ;)

Never go anywhere w/o your backup!!! It won’t do you any good in your shed!!!

I AM looking HARD at that Strikemaster 40V for next year. OH YEAH, My birthday is June 15.  ;D :angel :icefish:
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.