Author Topic: Great ice  (Read 2635 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Great ice
« on: Dec 15, 2018, 03:43 PM »
This was probably the best first ice conditions ive ever seen or fished in.  Ice was a solid 7 black ice on a good sized lake. Hopefully the snow stays away just a bit longer to really button up things.  Saw large areas of winni today that looked locked up. Looking good out there.
Salmonemia

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Great ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Couldn't agree more... What a day, best conditions I've ever been on before Christmas. Out from 5:30 till about 3:00, ready for a nap haha
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2018, 04:46 PM »
Couldn't agree more... What a day, best conditions I've ever been on before Christmas. Out from 5:30 till about 3:00, ready for a nap haha
agree..I’m toast..one guy fell asleep today for an hour..beauty day
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2018, 07:11 PM »
For sure..
I think all the ice boats hurt our shallow water chancrs..still an awesome day.

My 1:45 minute ride home was a tough one...especially after little sleep.in anticipation of the day...you know you love something when you are as excited at 63 as you were at 9..
It was a great start to the season
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2018, 05:58 AM »
For sure..
I think all the ice boats hurt our shallow water chancrs..still an awesome day.

My 1:45 minute ride home was a tough one...especially after little sleep.in anticipation of the day...you know you love something when you are as excited at 63 as you were at 9..
It was a great start to the season

Joe your still a young guy the way you bounce around on the ice I would think that you were 9. Hope we can hookup again this year. 

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2018, 07:26 AM »
Joe your still a young guy the way you bounce around on the ice I would think that you were 9. Hope we can hookup again this year.

I second this. 9 with the knowledge of a 63 year old.
Just add water.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2018, 08:51 AM »
We will.make it happen.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2018, 10:49 AM »
We will.make it happen.
That would be great!
especially after little sleep.in anticipation of the day...you know you love something when you are as excited at 63 as you were at 9..
Just not as easy to fish all day + commute with little or no sleep.
It used to be a non issue for me..... Not anymore.  :(

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2018, 09:43 PM »
It's been a great start.  Been at it since the day after Thanksgiving.  Joe maybe we'll bump into eachother as well.  If not catch them up! 

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2018, 08:13 AM »
Been on some super black ice myself already this season. Also gone swimming. It's been a hell of a season already and it's not even 2019!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2018, 10:47 AM »
Been on some super black ice myself already this season. Also gone swimming. It's been a hell of a season already and it's not even 2019!

I prefer to swim in August but to each his own. LOL

(Glad you are all right man)
Just add water.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2018, 10:51 AM »
It's been a great start.  Been at it since the day after Thanksgiving.  Joe maybe we'll bump into eachother as well.  If not catch them up!
Good chance of it..I'm going to.do more laker fishing this season. .I just finished 6 new tip ups with Lakers in mind. ( I know 2 per lake but I fish 6 trap lakes too..6 new ones only made sence)..

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2018, 07:19 PM »
Good chance of it..I'm going to.do more laker fishing this season. .I just finished 6 new tip ups with Lakers in mind. ( I know 2 per lake but I fish 6 trap lakes too..6 new ones only made sence)..

I'd like to give Newfound a go.  I've spent the past several years on Lake George so new scenery would be nice.  I'd like to see if the Lakers in Newfound take the jig like they do in NY. 

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2018, 07:49 PM »
You’ll get laker action at Newfound but the majority of them are skinny compared to a lake like Winnipesaukee. Then there’s always the chance for a lunker too. State record came from there.
Length limit on this lake is 15” where it’s 18” everywhere else. I Keep anything legal but many release and go for high numbers. Whatever floats your boat! Come on ice! Won’t be long til New Years now...

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2018, 09:54 PM »
Winni Lakers were difficult for me the 2 times I've fished it.  We marked quite a few but they were far from bullish.  Hard to get them to chase.  I'm going to have to work on that next time. 

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2018, 10:09 PM »
Winni Lakers were difficult for me the 2 times I've fished it.  We marked quite a few but they were far from bullish.  Hard to get them to chase.  I'm going to have to work on that next time.

I haven’t ice fished Winni in years but when I did the lakers were fat and healthier looking than what I see at Newfound. I do troll Winni exclusively all spring, summer, fall and no doubt they are larger.
Electronics like we have today didn’t exist the last time I ice fished at Winni!   ;D that will give you a clue!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #16 on: Dec 26, 2018, 06:27 AM »

You will have another chance in 45 days.
Just add water.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Dec 26, 2018, 07:37 AM »
You will have another chance in 45 days.

Looking forward to that!  So far this is the one to beat this season:

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 26, 2018, 08:28 AM »
Looking forward to that!  So far this is the one to beat this season:

Great start!   @)
Jig em up!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.