Author Topic: LP ?  (Read 280 times)

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Not affiliated with MarCum Tech.
LP ?
« on: Nov 27, 2018, 12:01 PM »
any thoughts on going lp gas for less mess and no need to take care of ash and burnt wood? maybe make it flex fuel where one could use wood or lp. not hauling fresh wood out onto ice and bringing ash and burnt wood back would be a major plus. lp is much easier to get a hold of than firewood.
i've been thinking a gas pit would be nice for home and if it's portable like this it maybe nice to take to other places. this would make it enticing to have.

many ice anglers i know use 1 pound gas tanks, so if you could make it efficient to use and small i think it would sell well. maybe have it hold two one pound tanks like the mr heater big buddy does.
sounds like it's already light weight.

maybe offer a  latching light weight lid to leave it standing for home use or camping use.
i've never had a fire pit of any kind so thinking of what i think i might want before buying one and giving ideas.

thanks for joining us here and helping out with sponsorship!
good luck with your concept.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: LP ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2018, 12:46 PM »
We use my propane firepit on the weekends we camp on the ice burbot fishing and it makes it alot easier than hauling wood, stoking the pit, ect... so a propane option for your pit would be a great addition. Thanks for sponsoring the shanty Fireside

Offline FiresideOutdoor

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:38 PM »
any thoughts on going lp gas for less mess and no need to take care of ash and burnt wood? maybe make it flex fuel where one could use wood or lp. not hauling fresh wood out onto ice and bringing ash and burnt wood back would be a major plus. lp is much easier to get a hold of than firewood.
i've been thinking a gas pit would be nice for home and if it's portable like this it maybe nice to take to other places. this would make it enticing to have.

many ice anglers i know use 1 pound gas tanks, so if you could make it efficient to use and small i think it would sell well. maybe have it hold two one pound tanks like the mr heater big buddy does.
sounds like it's already light weight.

maybe offer a  latching light weight lid to leave it standing for home use or camping use.
i've never had a fire pit of any kind so thinking of what i think i might want before buying one and giving ideas.

thanks for joining us here and helping out with sponsorship!
good luck with your concept.

Great question, we are currently in the prototyping stages of an LP attachment. Our goal is to create a versatile fire pit that can be customized to fit any customers needs. Obviously, the LP attachment would be great for this because you would have a single fire pit that gives you the option of using wood, charcoal, pellets, or LP.
Currently in the works:

Hot ember bag - put in your hot embers and the outside of the bag never gets hot
Flexible ember screen - Keep the embers contained to the Pit on windy days
Propane attachment - the Biggest challenge here is keeping the propane attachment portable
Oven/Smoker Box - Using our Campfire Defender material we plan on releasing a box that will turn your fire pit into a convection oven/smoker again everything will be portable

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head that we are working on now.

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Not affiliated with MarCum Tech.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2018, 01:16 PM »
that's great! sounds like you know what folks are looking for. let us know when you have product changes, if you would.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.