Author Topic: Sleeper Shack Build  (Read 7800 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Sleeper Shack Build
« Reply #120 on: Apr 30, 2019, 07:50 AM »
That looks really nice. 
Did you think of the shrink wrap they use on boats for the roof? Saw someone do it and it worked great..     jmo..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...

Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline WalleyeBird

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2019, 07:50 PM »
Walleyebird I thought you might use rubber roofing to eliminate the seam where roof changes pitch. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the completed shanty in use next ice fishing season.
Steve

Of course! I hope to use it a lot more! Just picked up a generator off of marketplace. A generac p2200. Supposedly only a couple hours on it for $200. So I think well set the rattle reels and watch movies a lot this winter! Just gotta make it comfortable and enjoyable for her and the puppy to come along.

My biggest question is whether or not to panel the inside of it. Im trying to stay as light as possible but she really likes the finer things in life. Haha.

That looks really nice. 
Did you think of the shrink wrap they use on boats for the roof? Saw someone do it and it worked great..     jmo..

Yeah Id just be worried about the long term durability of it. Plus I dont really have a source for it at all. Figure by doing it all summer I can work my way through each process over time and not worry quite as much about the cost of each part.

Offline WalleyeBird

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2019, 11:17 AM »
Got another day to work on the shack. Put in drip edge around the whole thing (noticed the old frame and runners were holding moisture in the seam). Also added another window and sided one side. Wound up filling the cut off rafter spot with a ripped 1x4 board.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.