Author Topic: Ice jig kits?  (Read 9085 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
Ice jig kits?
« on: Sep 22, 2018, 01:12 AM »
So I got my panfish ice jigs ready, and organized the jig wallet.

Looking to add to my jigs. (Note I will only buy tungsten jigs)

I started looking on your website.....nice looking jigs. However, I couldn't find where to buy them. Kept looking around and finally found a post with shark selling on eBay.

I'd like to give you some input. Your product looks great and for the most part priced reasonable.

Here is where I would like to see some improvements on your side for the customer

1. Have it clear on where a customer can go to purchase you jigs. Put a large link to eBay on your front page on your website or something

2.When choosing the color on eBay.....put a color not a number I'm not sure what the number is for the color, or both.

3.I would like to see a "jig" kit or wallet of jigs with mixed colors, sizes, and styles of jigs. Put kits ranging from $40-$100 for sale. It makes it easier & faster to purchase a decent number of jigs. When buying a kit a "logo sticker" thrown in would be cool. This also helps on shipping cost when buying a kit vs buying multiple things of eBay.

4.Show some pics of the "glow" lures when glowing.

5. Let me know when you get a jig kit together I'd like to get one.

On a side note the packaging for the 5 lures and stuff on eBay looks good, however unless it's a really hot lure I don't want 5 of the same jig & siize. Note this is where a jig kit comes in nice.......I get multiple jigs of different sizes, types, and colors.

I'm adding a photo of a jig "kit" that is pretty popular, I'd like to see something like this or a kit with a wallet from Shark. A "glow" kit would be nice. Also, the kit doesn't need to have the same lures and colors in it all the time. Just a random draw of types, colors, and sizes would be great.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Ice jig kits?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2018, 01:48 AM »
Any Updates yet on a variety pack?

Offline Shark.lv

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2018, 02:02 PM »
Dear friend, thank you so much for our product evaluation, thank you also for your tips and advice, we will listen and try to improve our service to make you more satisfied!

Talking about kit, if you want to have different colors, styles and sizes in one set, just send us your e-mail address in personal message or leave it here and we will send you our offer with ice tungsten jigs, you can collect your kit by yourself.  You will see all our assortment and you will choose what you want to have. We will collect it and send you like a kit.
Shark Ice Fishing Lures
http://shark.lv/en

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2018, 05:59 PM »
Um....i dont want to spend an hour or two selecting them. Just a pre packaged kit of various sizes and colors in that $40-$60 range.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2018, 08:33 AM »
Solid feedback by Agro...price point needs some work as well, no one is going to bay $3.50-4.00/jig these days with so many quality options in that $1.50-3.00 range. Free shipping would be a great advertising point and drop your price point down into a more realistic range. Typically you get a small price cut buying a kit as well. Just my .02. Nice looking jigs and spoons though!
Da Pack!

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2018, 09:01 AM »
Maybe we are just use to paying low prices for everything in the US. We are willing to pay a little more for quality manufacturing and things not made in one of the mass production Asian countries.

Offline Shark.lv

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2018, 10:07 AM »
Thank you guys for your feedback, we will keep it in mind!)

Talking about kit - no problem, we will prepare it at the next week and you will choose more suitable kit for you! Please wait few days!))

Talking about quality - be sure that our product made in EU, we do not use cheap materials or cheap hooks.

We are sure - when you will receive our jigs you will not have questions about quality.
Shark Ice Fishing Lures

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2018, 10:47 AM »
A tip 'o the hat to Shark for accepting the learning curve to doing international business. Certainly things are a little different over here but there is an anxious market for the new and/or different. As a musky/pike fisherman I've discovered a few EU products that have been game changers for me at times.

Other than getting used to our marketing expectations systems of measurement can be challenging for us. Sure, in 5th science class we were told we HAD to learn metric because by the time we made high school there would be no more inches/feet, no more gallons/ounces. That worked out well... Not. Now we buy gas (petrol) and milk by the gallon but alcohol (liquor) by the liter. Most everything I can think of is still pounds/ounces. It's very confusing (at least for me) to try to make those conversions in my head and try to figure out where they fit with what I know.

Millimeters on jigs is a lonely exception, everyone gets that (Yay!). But looking at lures measured in cm I have to think real hard on "how many inches is that?" I know, about 2.5 cm = 1 inch but still it's far from automatic. Grams vs. fractional ounces same deal. I get the big fractions, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 but the in between stuff challenges my non-math mind.

I say this because if you look through the rest of the Shark site there's lots of interesting stuff there. Cheburashka rigs are one that pulls me. I have use for those and will probably bite at some point but I had to do this to be able to visualize what I needed to order:

Excel is a neat tool for creating lots of conversion tools/tables. Got one for cm/inch too.

Good luck to you in your endeavors Shark and thanks for bringing otherwise unobtainable products to the US!
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

"Life's too short to worry, life's too long to wait..."

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2018, 12:11 PM »

Talking about kit - no problem, we will prepare it at the next week and you will choose more suitable kit for you! Please wait few days!))

Talking about quality - be sure that our product made in EU, we do not use cheap materials or cheap hooks.

We are sure - when you will receive our jigs you will not have questions about quality.

I don’t question the quality. I just think that when people order stuff online they tend to look more at a bulk purchase to bring the price down. A kit of various jigs and sizes makes sense to keep shipping cost low.

I went onto ebay and actual had bunch of shark jigs in my cart, and the prices weren’t bad on the jigs. But Shipping was going to be $17.....by the time i totaled it up with the jigs it just became way to expensive for me. The price ended up being double what I can get a kit for here

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 28, 2018, 03:18 PM »
Part of that is the price you pay to get them halfway 'round the planet. Latvia ain't just down the road. That said, I get stuff from China dirt cheap often with free shipping via China Post. I don't understand how they do that. Oh, and don't lose my little package the size of my hand in all the containers somewhere...

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2018, 06:42 PM »
Part of that is the price you pay to get them halfway 'round the planet. Latvia ain't just down the road. That said, I get stuff from China dirt cheap often with free shipping via China Post. I don't understand how they do that. Oh, and don't lose my little package the size of my hand in all the containers somewhere...

the shipping wasn't bag for a pack of jigs. It's just in the eBay setting they wanted to charge for every pack vs shipping all the packs has one.

The "chineese" stuff often bought so cheap is people working in factories grabbing some product of the line and sell it online.

I'd assume a country of 2billion people should have a decent mail system. Even here in the USA the USPS has gotten way better from when I was young.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2018, 08:01 PM »
If you put all your stuff in the cart and purchase all at once you can generally ask the vendor for an updated price that will include "combined shipping". In my experience, most often you get a very good deal. I'll usually ask if they will offer combined shipping and that is the procedure to get it.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 29, 2018, 02:45 PM »
If you put all your stuff in the cart and purchase all at once you can generally ask the vendor for an updated price that will include "combined shipping". In my experience, most often you get a very good deal. I'll usually ask if they will offer combined shipping and that is the procedure to get it.

I'm not purchasing then asking for a refund on $$$. I want to know all cost up front. I think most people are like that.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #13 on: Sep 29, 2018, 02:56 PM »

I'll wait till next week and see what you come up with has a kit & price. Thanks.

Offline Shark.lv

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 04, 2018, 10:00 AM »
As we promised - here is the kits with our ice tungsten jigs. If you want to change something - let us know. Price per one kit $40 + shipping cost $5

Look attachment!

Shark Ice Fishing Lures

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 04, 2018, 11:31 AM »
BAM! Now we’re cooking lol.

Offline djlangen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Oct 04, 2018, 11:52 AM »
Where can I buy one of these- EBay?

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #17 on: Oct 04, 2018, 11:55 AM »
Nice idea Agro. See Shark, we're not too hard to deal with. Better order soon. Coming all the way from Latvia.😉

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #18 on: Oct 04, 2018, 01:39 PM »
what sizes are these jigs in the kits?im interested but want nothing bigger than 3mm.looking good shark and thanks for being a sponsor.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #19 on: Oct 04, 2018, 04:24 PM »
As we promised - here is the kits with our ice tungsten jigs. If you want to change something - let us know. Price per one kit $40 + shipping cost $5

Look attachment!

Your on the right track.

Few more tips.

Clearly Label and let buyers know the kits are tungsten. (To many sellers try to pass of lead lures at tungsten prices)

Have a note/list of the jig types/style/size for the kit.

Please label kits Glow or non glow.

Last. Think about the shipping package........people won't want the jigs chipped or damaged when shipping. So something needs to keep the jigs from banging each other. A simple foam matt they are hooked to will do the trick, or maybe offer them in a cheap fly box for another $5 or so.

Once those things get addressed, where do we buy the kits? E Bay? Loving the kit styles you have.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #20 on: Oct 04, 2018, 11:31 PM »

Look attachment!

Good looking kit's shark. I too will be watching this post for updates. I agree size noted & glow/non glow would be good and definitely some protection for shipping

Offline Shark.lv

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Oct 05, 2018, 09:42 AM »
Guys, we will post this kits on Ebay till Monday.

On monday we will post link here, now kits in a single instance, but at the next week we will make you new kits on foam, we will give you information about sizes/hooks/weight , glow/ non glow of jigs in a kit.

Please, kindly wait few days. We are sure you will like it!)
Shark Ice Fishing Lures

Offline Shark.lv

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Oct 05, 2018, 10:36 AM »
It will looks like on this photos, but with the different jigs and different sizes

If you have any kind of questions, write us!|

Shark Ice Fishing Lures

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #23 on: Oct 05, 2018, 02:26 PM »
It will looks like on this photos, but with the different jigs and different sizes

If you have any kind of questions, write us!|

Looks good! That will be nice for those of us with wheel houses. We will be able to hang the card on the wall. Just a heads up I'm looking for an all glow kit.

Offline Shark.lv

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Oct 06, 2018, 08:27 AM »
More 2 kits with glow/ non glow/ uv/ galvanic Tungsten Ice Jigs.

On the next week we will make this kts with numbering. Under each number will be a description of jig - jig size, hook size, weight.

Also on monday we will give you links where you can buy it!) Hope you will like it!

Shark Ice Fishing Lures

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #25 on: Oct 06, 2018, 08:53 PM »

I've got the space ready.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #26 on: Oct 07, 2018, 06:54 PM »
More 2 kits with glow/ non glow/ uv/ galvanic Tungsten Ice Jigs.

On the next week we will make this kts with numbering. Under each number will be a description of jig - jig size, hook size, weight.

Also on monday we will give you links where you can buy it!) Hope you will like it!

Just a heads up but in a "glow" kit ALL the jigs need to glow.

Offline Shark.lv

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Oct 08, 2018, 09:58 AM »
As we promised here is the link on kits, soon will be more great kits!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283200445266

Hope you will like it.
Shark Ice Fishing Lures

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #28 on: Oct 09, 2018, 06:06 PM »
Ordered mine today.

Offline Shark.lv

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Oct 11, 2018, 09:40 AM »
Guys, we have sent two ordered kits today!

We have added tracking numbers for this kits, so you can check it any time.

Please, when you will receive it, give us you feedback with your oppinion about quality, also when you will catch any fish, it would be great to have some photos from you!

So, hope you will like it, we will find a time to collect new kits by your desire, just give us an information about what sizes what types you want to see in kits and we will make it for you!

Have a great day!
Shark Ice Fishing Lures

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.