Author Topic: Ice House Renders  (Read 475 times)

Offline DBerkshire

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice House Renders
« on: Jul 19, 2018, 05:31 PM »
Hi!

After a few months of deliberation, and as much research as I could handle, I have decided on a final plan for what I hope to build for a fish/ice house. I used Google Sketchup for the first time this last week to create the house, so go easy one me! jpohlic has a build very close tot he render I've made so shout out to them for the inspiration.

My next step is to research how to properly frame the beast and a materials list. Not shown are the skids that would be on the bottom and the holes themselves. I'm also thinking a bait tank built into one of the seats might be nice or a shelf above one of the seats to hold stuff.

The dimensions will approximately be 8 ft long, 6 ft wide - plus 2 ft on each side for the benches - for a total of 10 ft in width, and 6'6 tall.
Alternative dimensions could be 8 ft long, 4 ft wide - plus 2 ft on each side for the benches - for a total of 8 ft in width.

Offline timr35

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice House Renders
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2018, 07:17 AM »
I built my shanty in that same design 4 years ago and love it , lots of room and very warm.
Mine is 12' long 8' wide, benches are 8' long 2' wide so you can sleep on them if you want to.
It has 6 , 12'' square holes for lots of room to fish or use the last set as a beverage cooler .
I can cook inside on the wood stove or out side on a coleman stove that sits on the outside shelf.

Offline DBerkshire

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice House Renders
« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2018, 02:18 PM »
Nice! I'm really starting to dig this style more and more as I research.

Did you insulate any portions of the house?

My only concern now is trying to figure out how to get it on and off the ice. How do you transport yours? Do you use jacks to lift it onto a trailer bed?..

Dana

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.