Author Topic: Wilcraft  (Read 780 times)

Online quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wilcraft
« on: Jun 29, 2018, 07:12 PM »
Any of you own a wilcraft? I have a deal worked out for one and can't wait to try it out.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
Re: Wilcraft
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2018, 12:41 PM »
They are nice but it sure seems like a lot of money for something only needed a week or 2 in early and late ice. Late ice to me is the most dangerous, and when the ice goes bad it goes bad in a hurry and it is time for the boat anyway.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2018, 08:11 AM »
I wish I had one, those look very useful, itís not just for ice fishing.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2018, 09:39 AM »
The peace of mind, no matter what kind of ice, is worth it!  Especially when we get Erie ice again...the airboats are heavy and have a tendency to break through the ice, then it re-freezes thin, creating a trap door.  Great addition to your kit!

Online quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2018, 05:29 AM »
I bought a used unit so price was pretty good. I've never had a insulated shanty so I will have to adjust for that. Mine being one of the first ones in the area, I think it's the second in the state, there was a few different questions. Ended up being titled as a ATV. The boat registration had to be called in but wasn't a big issue. Yeah they are expensive but for me extending the short season we have and knowing that if I break through I don't have to think about being wet. I'm going to be a representative for Ohio and will display at all of the events that I can to support ice safety. Sometimes we take unnecessary chances in hopes of catching that trophy and bad things happen. I didn't post about this to brag but to remind people to think safety first.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2018, 05:38 AM »
Congrats on the purchase  :thumbsup:  Enjoy and stay safe.  ;)2

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2018, 05:41 AM »

Very nice enjoy

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2018, 08:40 AM »
I understand they float but when they break through the ice they are able to pull themselves back up on the ice? That is what I would worry about, wet snowy slushy bad ice. Yea you might be dry but also stuck out on the ice a long way from shore?

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Aug 16, 2018, 09:49 AM »
I understand they float but when they break through the ice they are able to pull themselves back up on the ice? That is what I would worry about, wet snowy slushy bad ice. Yea you might be dry but also stuck out on the ice a long way from shore?

I have one, yes, they can climb out. It is not as simple as you might think but not a big chore either. I've broken through a couple of times, most recently this last February. There are good and bad aspects to it, the thing I like most is the peace of mind that going in is survivable.

Online quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Aug 16, 2018, 08:17 PM »
It started with the purchase and now Ohio inquiries come to me. I will also have information on trade in models as well as all prices. Surviving is the main reason I wanted one. Mine also has studded tires which should help on smooth ice. I plan on taking it out in a couple weeks with use of a trolling motor.

Offline YtownThrowDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2018, 07:30 AM »
What is Ohio's stance on using these vehicles on inland lakes?

Online quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Aug 17, 2018, 05:43 PM »
It will be titled like a ATV and gets OH numbers from the division of watercraft. If you look at the pictures you can see the numbers on mine.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.