Author Topic: JIffy Legend Lightning Xt  (Read 203 times)

Offline 2strokejunkie

• IceShanty Rookie
JIffy Legend Lightning Xt
« on: Feb 08, 2018, 05:59 PM »

Hey guys i have this Jiffy Legend Lightning Xt auger i cant seem to get it to run at all,it worked last time i was out. I tried new plug, i have spark, compression was 90 . It seems to be blowin back through carb cause the aitf ilter is soaked in gas/oil. If i need to can you buy motor parts like pistons and cylinders or do you get whole powerhead... thxs

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: JIffy Legend Lightning Xt
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2018, 08:35 PM »
I'm don't know a lot about small engines but one thing I can suggest is to check the carb inlet to make sure it's not blocked.  My friend had a problem with his auger a few years ago where it would idle but soon as he tried to rev it up it'd die.  He pulled the fuel line off of the carb and there was a gob of gook from the ethanol eating at the gas line and as soon as he cleaned out the gook it ran good again. 

Offline Double_J

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: JIffy Legend Lightning Xt
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2018, 04:56 PM »
I have the same auger and same problem. I've taken it in and get it fixed, the next year same thing. Also have a gas leak. Bought a drill and hand auger now instead. Wish the Jiffy worked later in the season but think I'm done with it.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.