Author Topic: Lowrance HOOKČ Ice Fishing and All-Season Pack - Your recommendation  (Read 1265 times)

Offline CeePac

• IceShanty Rookie
  • You hear what happened to Pluto? That's messed up!
Does anyone have any experience with the Lowrance HOOKČ Ice Fishing and All-Season Pack?   

I prefer the graph over a flasher but the reviews I'm reading are really hit or miss on this product. 

The price point is solid though for the Lowrance but don't want to miss out on getting a Hummingbird Flasher for $30 more if the Lowrance is inadequate.

Anyone used the Lowrance Hook2?  Whats your thoughts on performance and would you recommend it?

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I had the older elite chirp series and used it with good success for several years. They should all have graph and flash display options. I prefer the graph with the amplitude scope  while I was using it.

Offline Slabseek3r

• IceShanty Rookie
Any lowrance is gonna be the exact same, all are 20 degree with mostly the same power output. I have found both by elite 7 ti and elite 4 chirp have been inadequate with small jigs over 20-24 feet, cant see em too easy. That being said, it picks up larger jigs, and spoons just fine. It works, but it becomes very easy to lose your jig when fish come in, due to the computer trying to eliminate small echos. That being said, that was more a problem with the elite 4, not the 7ti. What unit size specifically are you looking at?
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine"
-Johnny Cash

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
I sell and own the Lowrance Hook2 series and I cannot recommend them. They have many problems and we have had numerous returns. Get a Garmin or Humminbird you'll be far happier in the long run.

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
I sell and own the Lowrance Hook2 series and I cannot recommend them. They have many problems and we have had numerous returns. Get a Garmin or Humminbird you'll be far happier in the long run.
spiltmilt is right we put a hook2 on are boat n I hate it. I bought a garmin for the kayak this spring easy pleasy.
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.