Author Topic: Okoboji and Spirit lake conditions  (Read 1846 times)

Offline ajw2202

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Okoboji and Spirit lake conditions
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2018, 11:39 PM »
I was on silver at lake park Saturday late afternoon into the evening.  Heard some promising reports from a friend but didn't have any luck.  Snow cover was probably in the 6-8 inch range and I didn't have any issues with the utv. I did get the truck stuck on Emerson earlier Saturday tho.. that was embarrassing!

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 13, 2018, 11:22 AM »
I fish suffix orange and clear 4lb usually with small tungsten 5mm and smaller and i did try different colors and sizes as well. I agree with the smaller presentation. Silver was a ghost town, there was plenty of ice 20-24" but only 2 shacks on it. The snow was concerning and we didnt want to get stuck. We drilled a few holes in the middle and gave it a hour or so. Water clarity was terrible probably due to the bubbler. Just stayed close to the beaten path due to snow depth but saw nothing and no bites. We went by the east access and i wondered if near the river channel by the bridge was even safe... but we were the only ones there, thats a fact.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 13, 2018, 02:39 PM »
Still lots of ice on both Okobojis if anyone cares. Fishing has been OK. Going to get real good here soon.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996-
All Rights Reserved.