The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: TWIN LAKES  (Read 604 times)

Offline Ice.rat

• Team IceShanty Regular
TWIN LAKES
« on: Jan 31, 2018, 02:43 AM »
ANYBOBY BEEN TO THE LOWER LAKE HOWS THE ICE ?

Offline Crappiehunter1981

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: TWIN LAKES
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2018, 03:35 AM »
I was on it it for a couple hours yesterday.  The edges where extremely soft and I put my foot through by the cattails.  I accessed the lake on from the wall in front of the steps.  I spudded out to about 30 yards and found some really soft ice.  So I stopped and fished before the soft spot.  The ice where I fished was about 4 inches.  The bite was slow I marked fish but the would not commit.  I caught 1 trout and 1 gill.  It should be a lot stiffer this mornong after last night's cold.   I can not caution you enough use a spud. This weather has really beat up the ice.

Offline wrc46

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2018, 04:50 PM »
Fished the upper lake today from 730-3.  Plenty of fish.  Trout , bluegills, perch, bass, and catfish.  Minnows worked best.  Ice in middle of lake by playground was solid 6in.  Ice by handicap ramp was 3-4.  Some soft ice in a few shoreline areas.  Rain coming is going to hurt. 

Offline Ice.rat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2018, 07:35 PM »
WRC46 THAKS FOR THAT INFO DUDE MAYBE TOMORROW  IF NOT SUNDAY NEED MORE BAIT.

Offline icetrawler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing is Surreal!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2018, 08:13 AM »
Also fished the upper lake yesterday and caught a couple of trout and  perch on wax worms. Did not have minnows from which all indications reported above would have been better. 30 to 60 feet from shore the ice was 6 inches thick along the long tree shoreline from the overflow side.
"Are you fishing or are you going fishing?" :)

Offline 4seasonfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2018, 03:09 PM »
5 inches along the breast at the lower lake.  Weather report doesn't look good though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.