Author Topic: LX-7 transducer issues  (Read 243 times)

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' Jiggy with it!
LX-7 transducer issues
« on: Jan 17, 2018, 10:11 AM »
Just curious as to if anybody else has had this problem.

A few weeks ago when I went to use my unit I'd have to wipe off or rub down the ducer like a baseball for it to find my jig every time I'd switch holes. Last weekend it completely quit me and I couldn't even see bottom. It would show nothing despite my 2 hours of efforts playing with settings.

Regardless, I contacted marcum through their online inquiry system asking for a new ducer and hoping that's the only issue.

Anyone else ever had this problem and was the fix this simple???

Thanks
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over I'll ice fish there too

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Not affiliated with MarCum Tech.
Re: LX-7 transducer issues
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2018, 10:28 AM »
sending the entire unit for their tune up is a cheaper way to get the transducer replaced. new ducer is 160$ while the tune up is 125$. and you get a tune-up. don't send the battery.

to know if it needs one do a simple floor test and check the battery. look at how many volts it has when your doing your floor test. just use the built-in battery gauge.

check the connections going into the head unit and make sure the battery connectors are tight on the battery. pull them off and feel if it seems loose pulling them off. if it is pinch them shut a little at a time until it fits tight on the battery.

how old it the unit and have you ever banged the transducer/crystal on any thing hard? any cuts you might not know are on the transducer cable?

also, don't use auto depth. best to use is dynamic manual.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' Jiggy with it!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2018, 12:32 PM »
Thanks for your response 3300. I'll do the floor test when I get home just to see what it shows but judging by it not showing anything in the water my hopes are low it will show a line on the floor test.

I've checked everything with the battery already. No problems there. I also checked my cord on the ice and found nothing.

I bought this unit before last ice season. November 2016. We did have a long ice season last year so I used it probably 20-30 days. Never remember dropping it or banging it at all. Transported onto the ice in my sled and usually in a bucket within my sled.

I certainly will send it in if that's what they want me to do. My request was for a warranty part (transducer) as everything lined up to that being the problem. I just wanted to make sure no one else had a similar issue that ended up not being the transducer, so that I was ready for that heartache.
Trent Williams

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Not affiliated with MarCum Tech.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2018, 12:45 PM »
take a look behind the head unit for a loose connection there. some one else allowed there's to not be locked in. they have detents for the lock rings.

let us know how your floor test is if you would.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' Jiggy with it!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2018, 01:30 PM »
Took those out on the ice and re tightened...no fix! :(

Will do!
Trent Williams

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor