Author Topic: Cabela's Predator Boots and Kahtoola Microspikes  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
Cabela's Predator Boots and Kahtoola Microspikes
« on: Jan 17, 2018, 06:26 AM »
Has anybody every tried to fit a pair of the Kahtoola Microspikes over a pair of Cabela's Predator boots (size 11)?  If so, how was the fit and did the rubber on the Kahtoolas hold up over time?  They are a fairly large boot and I see that Kahtoola's only go up to XL in sizing. 
Chris Raymond

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Cabela's Predator Boots and Kahtoola Microspikes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2018, 03:12 PM »
not much help but xl microspikes fit on my 13 mickeys and size 14 mucks.both are pretty big boots.

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2018, 08:46 PM »
I can force a pair of Kahtoolas onto my giant size 15 Sorel Glaciers, so you shouldn't have any trouble at all!

Tight lines,
Bob

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2018, 06:56 AM »
Thanks folks...I'll give them a try.
Chris Raymond

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2018, 08:29 AM »
i had issues with them because of the tiny heel plate would be off center and i would have to fight with them to fit down in the boots tread grooves to try to get them centered. i wore them a few times and they did hurt my heel bones. i found kold kutter ice racing screws as an alternative ice traction option (thanks to this site) and installed them on all of my boots. with this option you get to control the pressure points and contact points for your footwear. they are much more comfortable to wear and always on and i can use my suit case shanty w/o damaging it with the micro spikes or needing to remove them once it's set up and put them back on when i get out of the shanty. they would clog up too.
my cabelas boots are size 13.

Offline alaska mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2018, 01:55 PM »
That is why I went with the hillsound's instead of the kahtoola's.  The kahtoola's don't have a base plate.  Like you said you have to try to keep them in position.  Plus, without a base plate you have a concentrated pressure point in a small area.  The hillsounds have a front and rear base plate that spreads out the contact pressure to a larger area and they don't shift around.  Also I think the hillsounds are easier to take off and on.
Any day on the ice with little to no wind, is a darn good day.

Offline Chili

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2018, 02:36 PM »
XL work fine on my size 10's - snug enough to not worry about falling off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.