Author Topic: Bass Pro Brand Auger  (Read 793 times)

Offline trjordan09886

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Drill it till it squirts
Bass Pro Brand Auger
« on: Jan 16, 2018, 08:44 AM »
I Picked up a 8" Bass Pro Brand Auger a few seasons ago and its been good to me. just sharpened the blades at the start of the season and didn't put any locktite on the bolts...well now one of my blades is at the bottom of long lake, and the bass pro hotline number says they don't sell replacement blades. Does anyone have one of these and found replacement blades? am i SOL? Will another blade work? any info would be appreciated. I don't want to buy a new auger because I've already welded a homemade drill adapter to this one.

Offline markum

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bass Pro Brand Auger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2018, 08:56 AM »
SOL! Call Slez he has augers and drill adapter. Here is a tip get a Lazer, they cut great with a drill and blades are readily available. Good luck!

Offline mpyromike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2018, 12:04 PM »
Same almost happened to me at long but I only lost 1 bolt on my Eskimo so I replaced all 4 and put lock tight on

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2018, 12:47 PM »
I thought they were the same as the mora blades? Maybe worth a try?

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2018, 01:47 PM »
Bass Pro just slaps their name on someone elses equipment.  Just need to figure out who the manufacturer and their model number is and you should be able to get replacement blades for their model.  Very well could be Mora as suggested.   Slez may know the details.

Offline shantyking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2018, 10:28 PM »
Go see rich at slez's bait shop in lake station he has blades that will work on those junk red bass pro augers. I had one too once you use a blue mora or the best a lazer you will throw the bass pro one away. 5 inch lazer is the ticket.

Offline icecrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • No ICE No FISH No Fish No Fun
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2018, 09:14 PM »
2x that shantyking

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.