The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Burbot Classic - Flaming Gorge  (Read 257 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Burbot Classic - Flaming Gorge
« on: Jan 12, 2018, 09:03 PM »
6th Annual Burbot Classic

February 3&4 2018 
Flaming Gorge - Buckboard Marina

Starts Saturday 8 AM   Last check in in line by 10 AM Sunday.  Kids fishing contest 10 am-12 noon on Sunday (kids free-G&F will supply bait and poles)

Fees: $35 for burbot
         $25 for lake trout if you register early.
         $50 for both if  you register early.
Register on line at the Rock Springs chamber web site

PRIZES: Three tagged fish, $10,000, $5,000, $1,000
Sportsman's Warehouse will be donating a eskimo shelter, an auger, and potentially some $$
To name a few, cash of $200, $100, $100, and numerous $50 and $25 business gift cards.
We have many gift prizes

We will have the fish fry this year but not the auger drilling contest due to lack of participation.

Further information call Buck board Marina at: 307-875-6927 or the Rock Springs Chamber of Commerce: 307-362-3771 or stop in during normal business hours (8-5) located at 1897 Dewar Drive, RS.

Here ya go! Meetups, info and anything else on the event may be posted here!  :tipup:

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fsh quiver in the Green River.
Re: Burbot Classic - Flaming Gorge
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2018, 11:18 PM »
Here is the on line registration address, they take credit card and paypal. Also on the link is information, rules and general information on the condition of the fishery, worth a read.  I will personally work to get the ice condition where and when I can just before the event, and there are no plans at the moment for soft water boating. WYIfish

https://www.burbotclassic.com/
There's a fine line between ice  fishing and just standing on the ice like an idiot.  ~Burt Nernie

Online POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' Jiggy with it!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2018, 11:47 AM »
Judging by the rules on the link....

"Open water fishing is allowed; either from shore or from a boat. All participants must be wearing a personal flotation device while on a boat. "
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over I'll ice fish there too

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fsh quiver in the Green River.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2018, 12:22 PM »
Judging by the rules on the link....

"Open water fishing is allowed; either from shore or from a boat. All participants must be wearing a personal flotation device while on a boat. "

Trent, you are correct. I have know idea why it is listed under "safety" for shore/boat fishing topic.
There's a fine line between ice  fishing and just standing on the ice like an idiot.  ~Burt Nernie

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.