Author Topic: dissapointed in out of stock battery cable.  (Read 295 times)

Offline travis9791

• Team IceShanty Regular
dissapointed in out of stock battery cable.
« on: Jan 04, 2018, 03:11 PM »
So I went to get my vs825 camera going for this first trip and noticed the power wire was wore through where it rubs from opening and closing screen. I went online to find a replacement to find that only Marcum sells them and they are out of stock. I called marcum and they said it would be at least a couple weeks before they got them and they would call when they had them in. I alsoi  said I would even pay for a used cable if they had one. They were going to check and call if they had one but I have not heard back. So now I have a 750 dollar camera that I can't use for several weeks out of the short ice season because they are out of stock of a 10 dollar part at the beginning of the busy season. I will say i did get great service in the past, but this is a big disappointment for me and especially my son who loves to use the camera. :'( :'(

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: dissapointed in out of stock battery cable.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2018, 03:23 PM »
How many wires? Any way to get to the broken wires and attach jumper wires between them? Possibly with tiny alligator clips?

Offline travis9791

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2018, 12:02 PM »
Its just a positive and a negative wire on the battery end. The problem is the the end that goes into the lcd screen is messed up from when the wires wore through it ruined that end. and that end is a proprietary end that no one else has. It,s not only an odd shape but it has a plastic peg inside that is also a odd shape. Which really sucks because in the end all the wire is doing is taking positive and negative from the battery to the back of the screen. There is no reason why the plug has to be anything special. For any reason other than to make you have to purchase there cable. If it went for that messed up end I could splice it. I'm hoping that when I get the wire from marcum the camera still works and only the wire got ruined.

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Not affiliated with MarCum Tech.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2018, 12:06 PM »
did you ever get your cable?
if not you could solder wire onto the back side of the connectors inside the head unit.

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2018, 12:44 PM »
post up a picture of the cable and the bad spot.   we can help you figure something out.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.