Author Topic: Eskimo Lockout Bibs & Jacket  (Read 269 times)

Offline DucksAndDogs

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Eskimo Lockout Bibs & Jacket
« on: Jan 03, 2018, 03:50 PM »
I searched the forum and couldn't find anything.  If anyone knows of any threads, please let me know.

Otherwise, is anyone using these?  What do you think, if so?

Offline Jim F

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Eskimo Lockout Bibs & Jacket
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2018, 10:15 AM »
I was just getting ready to ask the same thing.
Much more affordable than some other brands.
I've been wearing wool bibs for years, but they are death if you go through the ice
Get bit!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2018, 10:32 AM »
I was checking them out on Eskimo's website when they first came out and they look like they could be made by Striker.  They have less insulation, 60 grams of  Thermadex insulation, than the Striker Predator series which has 100 grams of Thermadex insulation but like the Striker suits they have the Sureflote stuff in there to make you float.  The outer material is the same as the Striker Hardwater series, the 600D Endura material, and pretty much all the same other specs that the Striker Hardwater series has.  Personally I like the heavy duty material in it but would rather they had the 100 grams of insulation.  Over all I think it's a good suit, the price isn't bad ($40 cheaper for each piece of the suit compared to the Striker Predator suit),  it has the heavy duty material of the Striker Hardwater suits, but you have to remember that you're going to have to layer up some more than you would if you had the Striker Predator suit.  I haven't seen them in person and my opinion is based on seeing them online and reading the specs.

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2018, 11:08 AM »
I have a pair I like them but wish they had D rings. I also believe they are black Striker guardians with 2 chest pockets. Overall I am happy just wish they had as many pockets as my old strike master bibs also the 60 gram insulation for me is almost too much with long underwear and sweatpants.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996-
All Rights Reserved.