The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Twin lakes.  (Read 1526 times)

Offline new on the ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
Twin lakes.
« on: Dec 28, 2017, 06:20 PM »
I have never fished twin lakes through the ice. I have o ly trout fished there a few times. My buddy was telling me that there are good crappie and bluegill there... Has anybody ever done any good there? Any tips or info would be great. Ice conditions please.

Offline icecoldchrome

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Twin lakes.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2017, 07:08 PM »
It's a pretty decent lake to fish when the ice allows it we do pretty well on trout in both lakes and seem to do better with panfish on the lower lake  mostly catch them jigging  minnows and just a friendly reminder  I believe that the lakes are part of the panfish enhancement program so some species have a size limit as well cannot recall which do for the fact I don't eat fish so I don't keep fish

Offline Crappiehunter1981

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2017, 08:08 PM »
20 crappie at 9" min.
20 blue gill at 7" min

Offline new on the ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2017, 09:55 PM »
20 crappie at 9" min.
20 blue gill at 7" min
hey crappiehunter. We met on the ice a couple times at greenlick a few years back.. Hope all is well and we have a great season

Offline RTSJICE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2017, 10:12 PM »
hey crappiehunter. We met on the ice a couple times at greenlick a few years back.. Hope all is well and we have a great season
Jeremy has no clue how to catch fish through the ice! 

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2017, 05:57 AM »
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

Offline Petros

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2017, 06:16 AM »
Crappie Hunter finds more nuts now that he has electronics. In regard to ur question, there are decent gills. No monsters but plenty over the 7” minimum size. Some nice crappie up to 15” but a good day may yield a half dozen over the 9” min. You can also run into some nice perch. My best day ever was 7 between 9 and 13”. The trout are plenty full . Look for weed edges in the lower lake. Upper lake the panfish seem to be roamers. On them one minute and gone the next. Electronics are a must!

Offline Petros

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2017, 09:43 AM »
As of 10 AM today upper lake had 2” measured near the north shore handicap pier. Lower lake had 3” measured off the wall near the cat tails. Sunday perhaps 🙏🏻

Offline RippingLips81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2017, 10:02 AM »
Does anyone know if prompton is part of the enhancement program?

Offline icetrawler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing is Surreal!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2017, 09:23 PM »
I wonder if anyone was on the lake today. If so how thick is the ice?
"Are you fishing or are you going fishing?" :)

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2017, 04:54 AM »
I fished it yesterday 6-11am the was a consistent 3.5 of black ice.   There was about 5-6 " of snow on top when I left.  The bit was slow but it sounds like a slow bit everywhere yesterday.  The waterfowl still have a small hole open in the center of the lake in from of the boat rental.  I used a spud where I went on the lake I would recommend the same.

Offline icetrawler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing is Surreal!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 01, 2018, 07:27 AM »
I was here yesterday on the 31st. There were two shelters on the upper lake and two on the lower lake and me with no shelter. My fever for ice fishing kept me warm. :o  The ice was only 3 inches thick about 30 feet from shore and then got to be less the further out. The lower lake seemed to be much better with 4 inches where I was. I saw two shanties out close to the middle from the rentals. It may have been Crappiehunmter since he was there the day before.  fishing was slow for me all day with no action on the upper lake and only one 16 inch trout caught on the lower lake. After this week I would imagine the lakes will be safe but still be careful.
"Are you fishing or are you going fishing?" :)

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2018, 08:53 AM »
It was me in the black flip over and rangerPhil in the red pop up.

Offline icecoldchrome

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Fished here yesterday morning on the upper lake did fairly well and got to talk to some good people

Offline Unclejoestuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 07, 2018, 10:59 AM »
I’m fishing lower twin lakes day anyone having luck

Offline icerfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Like Animals, There Delicous :)
« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2018, 06:51 PM »
20 crappie at 9" min.
20 blue gill at 7" min

crappiehunter I believe twin upper and lower pan fish enhancement  is for crappies only 9 inch  min. 20 fish
 any bluegill or perch 50 combined.     ( bridgport dam is 7 inch bluegill 9 inch crappies 20 limit on each.)

Offline Unclejoestuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 08, 2018, 06:59 PM »
Yes upper and lower same regulations crappie 9” 20fish no size regulations on blue gill or perch

Offline Jct330

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 08, 2018, 10:07 PM »
I was up Twin Lakes earlier this summer and hooked into a very large muskie. I wasn't able to land it, I had 6 pound line and a medium action rod, he jumped a few times then threw the 3/0 hook. I'm thinking of taking some creek chubs and heavier line too ;D and dunking them this week.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2018, 05:12 AM »
You are correct.  I spoke with a fich commission officer yesterday and the enhancement is for crappie min 9".  It is also a big bass reg lake.  Sorry for the miss information.

Offline icecoldchrome

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2018, 05:13 AM »
Are you sure it was a muskey? I've never heard of them being in twin lakes before good luck hopefully u find him?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.