Author Topic: 48 hour turn around!!!  (Read 398 times)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
48 hour turn around!!!
« on: Dec 03, 2017, 11:47 AM »
Wow I took my two LX5 units for repair and they emailed me that it was finished within 48 hours.  I was expecting a phone call but none came.  I just happened to check my email - of which I never do or hardly ever do.  If they would've called me, I would've gone and picked it up already.  Ah well, gotta see which day I get off work now to go pick it up.

According to the email the tech notes says I need to replace my batteries.  LOL - that wasn't the problem.  The actual fixes were - replaced ducer and motor contacts and brushes.

I hope they fix the problem I was having with the unit.  As since I was actually having problem with the setting knob and IR button.  Maybe they did and found other things.

I will perform a quick inspection after retrieval of them. 

For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 48 hour turn around!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2017, 03:16 PM »
Wow brutal driving conditions.  Not really since all that rain turned into ice and snow.  It's the dangerous drivers out there and all the vehicles that ran off the roads.  Anyway what seemed to take forever to get to Versa Electronics, I got there and retrieved my sent in units.

Everything seems to be in order.  They replaced my batteries and even replaced one of my cover.  On one unit, they replaced the transducer, said it was bad.  Okay, weird cuz I swapped ducers to check the issued and it didn't matter.  But if they say so, it must be so.

Just glad to have them back.  Now I'm excited for some ice fishing, Should I be daring on first ice?...LOL...not that daring.

TY Marcum techs.

Offline Duke307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2017, 08:31 PM »
Have you gotten to test your units since the repair?  I have had my unit in  twice for the same issue and it's still acting up.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2017, 03:05 AM »
Have you gotten to test your units since the repair?  I have had my unit in  twice for the same issue and it's still acting up.

I haven't gotten to go out yet.  Probably will be Xmas day...day off to go try.  I'm hoping they don't act up.  There are only a few moving parts and those are the issues.  Motor, brushes, and knobs. 

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Not affiliated with MarCum Tech.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2018, 12:22 PM »
you've been on ice by now with them?

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2018, 12:07 PM »
yeah, they work fine.

I haven't really hit the ice hard core yet, maybe in Feb when I take a week off from work.  Then I'll see if the units will work under real use conditions of all day ice fishing.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.