Author Topic: Who’s hittin’ the ice this weekend?  (Read 1938 times)

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
Who’s hittin’ the ice this weekend?
« on: Oct 31, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Anybody have plans to get on the ice this weekend?  Might be a week or two out for the easy early stuff but there should be several options with a short hike.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Who’s hittin’ the ice this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2017, 09:52 AM »
I'll pass.
Bud

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2017, 09:55 AM »
Gonna hit walleyes local 1 day then go North another day!   Too many big fish to be caught b4 ice fishing- ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2017, 10:52 AM »
I'll pass.
No 3 mile hike for you, Bud??   ;)
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2017, 11:05 AM »
No 3 mile hike for you, Bud??   ;)

AT altitude, thru snow- ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2017, 11:13 AM »
Is an Electric Fat Tire Mountain bike allowed ?  ;D 
Bud

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2017, 11:18 AM »
Is an Electric Fat Tire Mountain bike allowed ?  ;D

That’ll get you most of the way there.  Or you can do like the couple in the maroon Subaru on Sunday and squeeze around a closed gate and drive wherever you want.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2017, 11:29 AM »
That’ll get you most of the way there.  Or you can do like the couple in the maroon Subaru on Sunday and squeeze around a closed gate and drive wherever you want.

Those freekin Subie drivers-
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2017, 12:30 PM »
Weekend 4cast is for 40F and windy.   Im going to Wyo where itll be 65F and windy!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #9 on: Oct 31, 2017, 12:50 PM »
More Wyoming salmon, eh??  I saw those meat pics on the other site...dang!  How'd they taste??
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Oct 31, 2017, 01:10 PM »
More Wyoming salmon, eh??  I saw those meat pics on the other site...dang!  How'd they taste??

Yea, I saw those pigs on the other site.  I was thinking of trailing him to his spot this weekend.  I have some flies tied up that look like kastmasters... ;D.  Wife's out of town so I have the whole weekend to myself.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Oct 31, 2017, 02:08 PM »

They taste amazing.   Plenty of room on the lake---
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #12 on: Oct 31, 2017, 02:41 PM »
They taste amazing.   Plenty of room on the lake---

Hmmm...5-7 lb pigs up North, or 6" brookies through the ice...first ice can probably wait another week or two...I might be leaning Northward.   ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 31, 2017, 06:58 PM »
Stinky's headed even further afield than Wyoming. Leaving early tomorrow for Sanibel Island, Fla.. Reefs and wrecks fishing for grouper, snapper, cobia, hogfish, and tilefish. The only ice I'll be seeing is what's packing the filets and what's cooling down a few pitchers of Mojitos.
  When I get back I'll be winding down a long career in icefishing. Too old, knees shot.
Little Pokey the Wonder Auger (a tricked out IceGator) will need a new loving home. Same with a little used Eon 1 flip. I'll probably just donate all the tackle. Be back in a week or so.
Your friend,
Stinky
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Nov 01, 2017, 08:20 AM »
Stinky's headed even further afield than Wyoming. Leaving early tomorrow for Sanibel Island, Fla.. Reefs and wrecks fishing for grouper, snapper, cobia, hogfish, and tilefish. The only ice I'll be seeing is what's packing the filets and what's cooling down a few pitchers of Mojitos.
  When I get back I'll be winding down a long career in icefishing. Too old, knees shot.
Little Pokey the Wonder Auger (a tricked out IceGator) will need a new loving home. Same with a little used Eon 1 flip. I'll probably just donate all the tackle. Be back in a week or so.
Your friend,
Stinky

Say it ain't so Stinky!    My bro has 2 new knees and so does my wife. Get it done you'll  enjoy life more-
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline lovetofishnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 01, 2017, 12:31 PM »
Your friend,
Stinky

I don't know you but have fun in Fla.  Remember to post some pictures of your trip for us to admire.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #16 on: Nov 01, 2017, 01:31 PM »
Your friend,
Stinky

Don't leave us, Stink!  Have fun in Fla, but when you get back, we'll have to meet up on the ice at least one time this season.  Just drag your bones out on the ice, I'll drill/set up everything.   ;)
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline MaxPower

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 01, 2017, 03:55 PM »
I usually don't get out until around Thanksgiving. Still casting for lakers near shore.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.