Author Topic: Most popular Wally jig  (Read 330 times)

Jigginforwally

• IceShanty Rookie
Most popular Wally jig
« on: Oct 11, 2017, 04:32 PM »
 As I said when I first joined it has been almost 20 years since I have ice finished so I am a little behind. Back in the day my favorite thing to do was Jake a Swedish pimple on Saginaw Bay for walleye. Is that still a technique that people are using or is the Swedish pimple been replaced by something better?  I have a feeling itís going to be a long road back to where I was when I left .

illinoisicer

• Iceshanty Militia
  • IceShanty Rookie
Re: Most popular Wally jig
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2017, 09:17 PM »
I'm a big fan of the kastmaster (for walleye and crappie) and the tried and true Rap swim bait. The only place I ever got skunked with a pimple was on little bay denoc but I still pull the pimple out and tip it w/a head.

chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2017, 09:30 PM »
You name it we use it lols sweedish pimples are standards along with a piece of minnow or a walleye hawer Jig tipped with minnow  parts.... even been using snow man spoons in various colors ..  my favorite next to the swedish pimple is custom jigs and spins slender spoons in large size tipped with minnow tail or head.. glo and silver..or even gold glo.. rapalas jigging raps tipped with minnow parts.. just find some thing and stick with it every thing has its day..  Swedish pimple thumped on bottom can attracted fish ..

TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2017, 09:53 AM »
Slender spoon, VMC tingler or tumbler spoon.  Tip one with a minnow head or full minnow if they want a bigger presentation.

Rippin raps and jigging raps by Rapala work good as well for walleye. Keeping it simple with a plain hook and a minnow still work best some days.

mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2017, 10:25 AM »
All of the lures mentioned in the comments above are great lures to use! You can't forget about your rattlespoons either like the Northland Buckshot or the Lindy Rattl'n Flyer for example. Another would be some type of jig for your deadstick rod like the Frostees, Demons, Forage minnows, Tear drops, Gem-N-Eyes...to many to list! ;) Might be a good idea to read this thread and get an idea of what you might want to stay away from.

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=347512.0

...bottom line though, there are alot of options out there and you're going to get a bunch of different answers about what the best walleye jig is, but you're going to be the one figuring out what really works for you. And that Swedish Pimple still works just as good as it did 20 years ago by the way!

Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2017, 11:09 AM »
Pimples are fine. If you were catching them back then with 'em, you'll catch 'em just fine now.

perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2017, 12:17 PM »
PK Baby!!  Not even sure of the name of it, but its glow color with a red fleck on it...Ive amazed myself and how many times I say 'walleye time' , drop it down the hole, and BANG. 

perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2017, 12:20 PM »
Flutter fish....1/4 ounce size...glow

bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2017, 07:06 PM »
Northland Rattlin Buckshot has probably been the best for me on local lakes (1/16 or 1/8 sizes)

tbern

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2017, 07:12 PM »
Northland Rattlin Buckshot has probably been the best for me on local lakes (1/16 or 1/8 sizes)
.    Any colors you like best?

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.