Author Topic: NEW ICE RUNNER SHELTERS.  (Read 1364 times)

hardwater diehard

• Team IceShantyholic
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

DR.SPECKLER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • find your own fish..
Re: NEW ICE RUNNER SHELTERS.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2017, 07:53 AM »
easy to load when empty lol.im not a fan of sleds with low sides and don't like the rear door only to have to step over all my gear to get inside ,dont really like the sunroof either.cool idea but sunroof could crack and when  snowing its useless and a good spot for a leak to form.weight wise I like tho.just my worthless opinion.

joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2017, 08:12 AM »
obviously to get to that low weight they did considerable trade-offs, watch the first video when he steps into the house, look at how flimsy that floor is!  Probably not a big deal if all you do is pull the house out of a truck bed and place it on the ice, but when they show it being towed across the ice, I suspect you'll see the floor wear through pretty quickly..then what do you do?

Another thing is when somebody says it's "Thermal" you really need to pay attention to the Denier count, this is only 600, so it's on par with the cheapest thermal models of the other brands.

Kudos for these guys trying to reduce weight, but i'm sure Otter, Clam and Frabill all want to reduce weight as well, but they won't sacrifice the sled durability to do it...

Firefightertom32

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2017, 08:28 AM »
That thing is a joke in that price range
Some people want light weight and its nice to see someone offering it, but to put it at the range of other name brand that are much better quality i see it being a dud. Now drop it in price a couple hundred and i think it could do well.
Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over.

Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2017, 08:58 AM »
It's pretty easy to cut weight with a flimsy, low profile sled and no integrated seating.  ::)
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Dakota-Lew

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2017, 09:23 AM »
Yea its a nice nitch, but then you have to carry chairs and the low sides is a real bummer since i think its how most of us carry our gear out. For the guys with the sled mounted on the actual snowmobile is a great option probably. Its a cool house, just not for me. 

matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2017, 01:42 PM »
too expensive for the quality/features and I would likely slip and die once stepping on that sled lol

The big/tall windows are a nice feature however

Catchin' Fish

fishm_n

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2017, 01:16 AM »
Holy jaw drop on the price!  Cool though.

hardwater diehard

• Team IceShantyholic
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2017, 09:24 AM »
Rear door only sucks. I have a sled full of gear when I go out, so I'd have to unload it all or most of it when getting set up. And then drag snow in the sled to make it slippery.
See you on the ice!

spam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2017, 09:52 AM »
I am with everyone else crazy price you could get a nice otter for a little bit more money!
Looks like chuck is taking old one eye to the optometrist!

KinnickResident

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2017, 09:54 AM »
Never, ever...ever make a major purchase from a small start up. Just don't do it. Let the schmucks make the first purchases and see if the product sticks.

90% of all start-ups fail. I sure as hell wouldn't want to drop $500-700 on a shelter only to have the company be gone when I needed replacement parts or some sort of service. And this thing doesn't set itself apart from anyone else, is priced higher than equivalents, and by the look of it is el cheapo build quality when the guy stepped in the sled.

Ice Gator is a perfect example. They built what a lot of people thought was a well made and dependable auger. Now look at all the people trying to find parts, get service help, etc. and they can't.

52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2017, 09:56 AM »
Like the idea and the tubular construction they've used looks sturdy, but I'm not one for shallow sleds. I get it, they cut weight, but I want to get all my gear in there without the threat of slush getting into the sled.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.