Author Topic: Aqua-vu question?  (Read 578 times)

Offline synergyboy10

• Team IceShanty Regular
Aqua-vu question?
« on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:33 PM »
i bought a aqua-vu last year and it worked fine all winter and all summer. i went to use it this year after about a 3 month period of not using it and when i turned it one all i got was a white line in the middle of the screen. i tried a different battery and it work. then after a week with that battery it stopped working and i got that white line again. both battery's were fully charged when i used them and i cant figure out why it does this. can anyone help me.
sometime you just have to think like a fish.

Offline northern45

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me at brainerd jaycess tournament
Re: Aqua-vu question?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:37 PM »
when you recharge your battery's did you leave them on the charger for a long time? i had a problem kinda like that mine would turn on and go right back off i bought a new battery and when i bought it the guy told me to buy a little digtal meter that tells you the persentage of the charge and once its gets too 100 your supposed to pull it right off. i guess you can overcharge those batterys

Offline synergyboy10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2006, 10:48 PM »
i don't think so. i never would leave it on the charger to long.
sometime you just have to think like a fish.

Offline Pomoxis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lawyers make the best chum.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2006, 11:06 PM »
I used to do TV repairs and it sounds like it is a common problem. (Is that thing a CRT, a "cathode ray tube" display, just like a conventional TV?) It sounds like a vertical amplifier problem. Fortunately for you, virtually ALL of the vert amp problems I have seen were due to failed solder connections. If you have access to a good electronics tech who can solder real good, you should at least get it looked at for that problem. Look on the main PC board for the vertical amplifier IC. It will have a small aluminum heatsink attached to it. Check the solder connections on all the IC pins. Just resolder them even if you think they are OK. A good solderer can do the soldering in less than a minute. The thermal cycling of turning on & off plus the mechanical vibrations of transport due to the mass of the heatsink can severly stress the solder connections of those IC's. Do that before you jump to any other conclusions. Check the entire printed circuit board for possibly bad solder connections, especially those that get hot, and fix them before you jump. It is standard TV repair proceedure. PM me if you want more help.
The more I fish, the more I  to fish, but the only  I need is BEER.

Offline crappieslayer22

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • damn dinks
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2006, 06:42 AM »
mine did the same thing b/c i used my baterie all summer for my fish finder
its ur charger just use a regular 12 volt charger thats what i do
Loren W
ST.Croix
Iced Slabs
28 in walleye
15 in crappie