Author Topic: So what's new for this up and coming winter?  (Read 15498 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
So what's new for this up and coming winter?
« on: Jul 02, 2017, 10:51 PM »
Isn't July when some of the new release stuff comes out?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: So what's new for this up and coming winter?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2017, 10:19 AM »
ICAST starts in a weeks ....some products for ice fishing are revealed

Aqua Vu ...has some add ons for their Micro line up ....cable retriever ...they also make a Universal WIFI connect adapter that will allow you to see via Smart phone tablet etc ....this will be a game changer I am sure

http://www.aquavu.com/Products/Aqua-Vu-Viewing-Systems/AVCONNECT

Striker Ice appears to be redesigning their line up

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2017, 05:03 PM »
Marcum has discontinued their "I" series of flashers... They had them going for up to 40% off straight from the website.
They are switching those flashers from mechanical to digital.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2017, 05:16 PM »
I tried to contact Polar Bird on here asking what's new, but they aren't answering questions I guess!! We'll find out in due time I guess. Anyone hear anything????
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2017, 06:10 AM »
I tried to contact Polar Bird on here asking what's new, but they aren't answering questions I guess!! We'll find out in due time I guess. Anyone hear anything????

Hi Old Sailor.  Neither Polar Bird nor Evan Pheneger(internet marketing rep)have logged on to IceShanty since February, so I wouldn't hold your breath on a response.  I also know via facebook that Mr. Polar Bird got married on Monday.  He's probably on his honeymoon.  I did post a couple of photos back in May of the new PB with larger, lower windows.  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=346992.msg3694361#msg3694361  I don't know if they'll have any other offerings for the upcoming season or not.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 05, 2017, 06:22 AM »
Thanks!! I saw your post on the shelter. I was just curious as to anything else new for them! Outside of a wife!!!  ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2017, 11:57 AM »
I heard about a couple new things coming out and came across this video while searching youtube. Just a little sneak peek at a few new things coming out this year...

...and a little better look at that glo-shot spoon...

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jul 12, 2017, 09:48 PM »
Marcum has discontinued their "I" series of flashers... They had them going for up to 40% off straight from the website.
They are switching those flashers from mechanical to digital.

Actually they are upgrading to brushless motors and lithium batteries.

https://www.facebook.com/walleyeguide/posts/10154883772025028

Ok ice junkies....MarCum Technologies is setting the bar for this ice season... introducing the M5..Lithium, brushless flashers that finally have a round shuttle. Sold with its own 5 gallon bucket!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 13, 2017, 07:11 AM »
lol it's very own 5 gallon Bucket.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jul 13, 2017, 09:23 AM »
How much for the bucket???

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jul 13, 2017, 10:33 AM »
Any price tag on these bad boys yet?

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Jul 13, 2017, 11:29 AM »
How much for the bucket???

$600 for the bucket!!!
The flasher is free!!!!!   :whistle:

Offline sgtski

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish all four seasons........ice time da best time
« Reply #13 on: Jul 13, 2017, 06:55 PM »
Dang very nice!.....but all I need is the lx1....these guys r good at hooking us ice savages  :icefish:
"You wanna know how I got these scars......." The Joker

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jul 13, 2017, 10:03 PM »
Reminds me of the dash console of an early 90's car. The USB is a nice touch though.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #15 on: Jul 14, 2017, 12:02 AM »
Some of this stuff just blows me away........so a group of people sit down......how can we improve the "flasher"

Well........lets copy vexilar......since the electronic display has cheapened enough we will go to it to up profits........and sell it has an improvement........hey let's change the pack its on.......we can put a light, battery life display.......well we got to one up what vexilar does.....heck put a usb plug on it......well let's put a lithium battery in it and throw in a 5 gallon bucket to really up the cards.......Hey think this is enough to compete with vexilar for that die hard flasher market...........not even close to the customization and options vexilar has IMO, ant these things have been avalible from vexilar for years....besides the USB.....

I mean Really...they could've come up with a better design and options to blow us away.....thing was poorly thought out.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #16 on: Jul 14, 2017, 07:55 AM »
Marcum M5

Offline Mittenman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jul 14, 2017, 08:21 AM »
I bought a Marcum LX-5I from Reeds for $340 this past March to upgrade from my VX-1P. I'm thinking that Reeds probably had some inside information that Marcum was going to discontinue them before this coming season as they were priced about $100 to $150 cheaper than anywhere else that I could find.
I think that I'll be very happy with it but the I series were only out for two years I think. The "improvement" from the P to I series as far as I can tell was just the lower profile of the sun shade and now the I is discontinued. I like the Vexilar business model of not constantly outdating and discontinuing there own product lines, it adds value to the product.

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jul 14, 2017, 09:49 AM »
can anybody make out the MSRP price at the bottom of the postcard?  If you figure the LX-5i had an msrp of $539 and the new lithium shuttle is likely around $250, is a $799-$750 msrp likely? or maybe they heavily discount the combo and price it at $699?

Offline barrelslime

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jul 14, 2017, 11:34 AM »
Humminbird has a new Helix coming out I hear
Biggest Crappie 17 1/2 "

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #20 on: Jul 14, 2017, 12:25 PM »
Humminbird has a new Helix coming out I hear

5-7 ICE with CHIRP and IR.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jul 14, 2017, 12:29 PM »
Sonar has been around for 100 years.. There's only so much you can upgrade before you run out of options.

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jul 14, 2017, 01:43 PM »
Some of this stuff just blows me away........so a group of people sit down......how can we improve the "flasher"

Well........lets copy vexilar......since the electronic display has cheapened enough we will go to it to up profits........and sell it has an improvement........hey let's change the pack its on.......we can put a light, battery life display.......well we got to one up what vexilar does.....heck put a usb plug on it......well let's put a lithium battery in it and throw in a 5 gallon bucket to really up the cards.......Hey think this is enough to compete with vexilar for that die hard flasher market...........not even close to the customization and options vexilar has IMO, ant these things have been avalible from vexilar for years....besides the USB.....

I mean Really...they could've come up with a better design and options to blow us away.....thing was poorly thought out.
So Vexilar has never copied anything from Marcum? The M1 M3 and M5 can still be had without the new shuttle as the older soft pack is still being made.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Jul 14, 2017, 07:20 PM »

You missed the most important upgrade. The fact that it has a brushless motor!!!
I have never seen a lithium powered brushless Vexilar.
Please feel free to point me in the direction of one will ya? 

You sound like one of those liberal democrats espousing the virtues of Killary Clinton!!!!!    :whistle:

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #24 on: Jul 14, 2017, 09:26 PM »
You missed the most important upgrade. The fact that it has a brushless motor!!!
I have never seen a lithium powered brushless Vexilar.
Please feel free to point me in the direction of one will ya? 

You sound like one of those liberal democrats espousing the virtues of Killary Clinton!!!!!    :whistle:

The FLx series from Vexilar is brushless.......I've had the unit for over three years with a dakota lithium 10ah battery in it. Is that not a lithium powered brushless vexilar?

Don't be like CNN with your Fake news, and one star App in the iTunes Store.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jul 14, 2017, 10:34 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't want a flashlight and USB port draining power off my flasher battery. There are days when i go hard and use every bit of my 9ah agm battery up.  I use the Milwaukee power sources for all that extra stuff.... The bucket is kinda cool though... If you need a $600 bucket.

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jul 14, 2017, 11:41 PM »
Colour me thrilled the M5 is not an LCD display!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Jul 15, 2017, 08:57 AM »
Actually they are upgrading to brushless motors and lithium batteries.

https://www.facebook.com/walleyeguide/posts/10154883772025028

(Image removed from quote.)

Those new Marcums look REALLY NICE and VERY TEMPTING.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jul 15, 2017, 10:00 AM »
The FLx series from Vexilar is brushless.......I've had the unit for over three years with a dakota lithium 10ah battery in it. Is that not a lithium powered brushless vexilar?

Don't be like CNN with your Fake news, and one star App in the iTunes Store.

😂😂😂😂

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jul 15, 2017, 05:35 PM »
 guys, let's keep the politics out of the flasher fights.  gets nasty enough already.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.