The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: A tip for those that use a drill/auger adapter  (Read 903 times)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
A tip for those that use a drill/auger adapter
« on: Jan 13, 2017, 12:00 PM »
One of my friends saw this on FB. If you are concerned about your chuck loosening and losing your auger down the hole.................. .......take an old Frisbee and cut a small X in the center. Push it down over the shaft of the auger(before you mount it to the adapter). Just make sure the Frisbee is larger than the diameter of the auger. If it ever detaches, the Frisbee will keep it from going down the hole.

Lot simpler than what I originally had planned(to wrap the shaft with layers of pipe insulation).

I would attach a pic, but can't do that on my pc.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: A tip for those that use a drill/auger adapter
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2017, 07:22 PM »
UPDATE: Well, scratch that idea!  ::)  Turns out when the Frisbee gets cold, it gets brittle and cracks.............mak ing  it useless!

Now I am wrapping the shaft with layers of pipe insulation to try to make it float. I will have to experiment to see how many layers I will need.

Sorry folks, it seemed like a great idea on PAPER!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2017, 07:25 PM »
get a kovac ice master adaptor.  it is what the dr ordered and cheap insurance against deep 6ing ur auger .

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2017, 10:05 AM »
that's the one i use and it works.
saved my auger plenty of times except for once. the disc froze because it got wet and when i went to drill more holes it snapped and a bout broke a finger it felt like any way. the next day i forgot the drill chuck got wet too and i reattached the auger to the drill and i heard some crunching sounds. went to make a hole and lifted the drill but the auger spun thru the hole and fell in. i did get it back with two large harbor freight magnets and my camera from 22 fow.
right now i have paracord in place of the bungee cord.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.