Author Topic: Question: Marcum LX 3TCI  (Read 469 times)

Offline bstawickiata

• Iceshanty Militia
  • IceShanty Rookie
Question: Marcum LX 3TCI
« on: Jan 13, 2017, 11:52 AM »
I just bought my first flasher, a Marcum LX-3tci, and I have noticed a couple of things that make me curious whether or not I bought a defective unit or if it is normal. The first thing that bothers me the most is that when I am fishing I have a hard time seeing my jig consistently. Whether it is a jigging rap, swedish pimple or just a jig head, if i hold it still the signal fades out but if i move it I can see it, if I turn up the gain to where i can see the motionless jig as a consistent thin yellow line it produces too much clutter as if the gain is set too high. I have also noticed that when i cannot see the motionless jig without the zoom function enabled, i can see it sometimes in the zoom mode but just on the zoomed five foot and occasionally as a blip on the un zoomed half showing the whole water column. The other problem I have run into is that my friend fishing in the same hut as me has the exact same flasher unit and we have gone through the 12 rejection modes on just one of the units and even on both just trying to find the best one and the best we can get is barely manageable. and we occasionally have to change for some reason. Do you think I have a defective unit? Any comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated. I would love if someone from marcum could answer any of my questions as well.

Thank You,
Bob

Offline calgary-john

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Question: Marcum LX 3TCI
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2017, 08:28 AM »
I don't have a 3 but I do have a 5 and 9. It sounds like it could be defective. I have used a Wire worm and been able to follow it right through the water column. 

How dirty/ murky is the water you are fishing in?

As for the interference I do not know much about that, I have had issues with the 5/9 running in the same shack but a few increases of the IR button and we are good.  You might want to Call Marcum directly and speak to someone over the phone.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Question: Marcum LX 3TCI
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2017, 11:54 AM »
How deep of water and how much of the gain do you require to have on?

On my LX5 the deeper the water, the more I need to increase my gain.  When I'm on the 80 ft setting, I will set my gain up to between 4-5.  But I'm using a little flu flu 1/64th oz jig head with a little plastic or maybe a Nortland Forage minnow spoon - the smaller one.

When I'm on 20 ft setting my gain is usually below 3.

For the interference, it sometimes depends on the water I'm on too.  Some more problematic that others.

For more information read my MN nice journal

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.