Author Topic: Jigging help needed!  (Read 941 times)

AriettaBob

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Jigging help needed!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 10, 2017, 06:38 PM »
I'll search tip-downs tonight. I see 2 benefits: catching more fish and accumulating more gear, something I honestly enjoy. Thanks again.

Celtbass, thanks. That's a nice simple tip I can add. Not sure why I never thought of it, I use it for stream trout quite often.

Dave R

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 10, 2017, 07:32 PM »
I've tried a spring bobber but gave up on it, probably too quickly. From what everyone is saying, I'm definitely striking too harshly and sharply.

This is an excellent spring bobber for ultra lite rods. https://litebytebobber.com/

I've used both the original that is already attached to an replaceable rod tip guide and the spring and post kit that you put on an existing tip.

AriettaBob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 10, 2017, 08:09 PM »
Thanks Dave. I just watched his videos. Very nice. Icing was a big problem with the spring bobber I tried. This one looks way better. I will try it.

jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2017, 08:24 PM »
My only advise is on the hook set. When the tip is twitching/bending be slow but deliberate on your set. I find that a steady raise of my rod ARM is better than trying to quickly flick the rod with my wrist. Seems like my hook up % is a lot higher with the slow steady raise. The "quicker" you set the more likely you are going to pull the jig away/out of the fishes mouth.

J-

AriettaBob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 20, 2017, 08:58 AM »
Ok, I enjoyed some success yesterday afternoon jigging perch. 2 things that made a world of difference were sweeping up the rod tip rather than a quick jerk up and paying more attention to the rod tip. Seems as if I've been lax in my jigging. If I saw the tip move at all I gave it a smooth lift and quite often I had a fish. I've got a long ways to go, but thanks everyone who contributed here. There'll be more fish fries in my future.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.