New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Alcove Marina Tourney cancelled  (Read 1589 times)

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
Alcove Marina Tourney cancelled
« on: Feb 10, 2006, 05:06 PM »
we were fishing coveville/hudson river today. went into alcove marina for a cold one following a chiily day on the ice. It was confirmed that the Alcove Marina tourney for tomorrow 2/11 is cancelled. ice conditions fair. 2''-3'' just off docksbut 7''-8-- in main water of cove.no monsters. got maybe a dozen or so pan fish (crappies/pumpkin seed) all jigging. Nada on tip ups.

Snot Rocket...Out!!!
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

camo_fish

Re: Alcove Marina Tourney cancelled
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2006, 05:15 PM »
thanks for the update.  ;D

Offline eye hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2006, 06:48 PM »
we were fishing coveville/hudson river today. went into alcove marina for a cold one following a chiily day on the ice. It was confirmed that the Alcove Marina tourney for tomorrow 2/11 is cancelled. ice conditions fair. 2''-3'' just off docksbut 7''-8-- in main water of cove.no monsters. got maybe a dozen or so pan fish (crappies/pumpkin seed) all jigging. Nada on tip ups.

Snot Rocket...Out!!!
Snot Rocket I heard it has been re scheduled for march 11, and I think there is also one on the 18th    ???

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:02 PM »
Snot Rocket I heard it has been re scheduled for march 11, and I think there is also one on the 18th    ???
while we were in marina, bar maid was on phone with owner...confirmed cancellation but she forgot to ask about reschedule.hope your right. i heard last year had good turn out.

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2006, 07:49 PM »
while we were in marina, bar maid was on phone with owner...confirmed cancellation but she forgot to ask about reschedule.hope your right. i heard last year had good turn out.
Snot rocket,
                             That is a zoo down there. You can throw a rock across the cove. I think there was 93 people fishing last year and it was cramped. I also think they have a conflict. If your a judge you SHOULD NOT be allowed to fish as an entrant. Like the fox watching the hen house if you get my drift.
            Jack

Offline pikeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2006, 04:52 PM »
Where in the alcove marina?

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2006, 07:21 AM »
On the Hudson River below Schuylerville.

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2006, 10:46 AM »
Snot rocket,
                             That is a zoo down there. You can throw a rock across the cove. I think there was 93 people fishing last year and it was cramped. I also think they have a conflict. If your a judge you SHOULD NOT be allowed to fish as an entrant. Like the fox watching the hen house if you get my drift.
            Jack
i agree definite conflict of interest, but just to be devils advocate...don't the #'s speak for themselves ie. weight,length,most # species? or do you suspect something fishy might go on? agree place is small . just started fishing it last year. i currently dont do tourneys. i go on the ice to get away from crowds.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2006, 11:44 AM »
I just don't see how they can allow a tourney there. All the fish must be immediately released unharmed...that does not mean carrying them over to a weigh/measure stand, then letting them go.  I wonder if they even have a permit to put the tourney on.  I'm guessing no?  Maybe someone could clarify this.

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2006, 07:12 PM »
I just don't see how they can allow a tourney there. All the fish must be immediately released unharmed...that does not mean carrying them over to a weigh/measure stand, then letting them go.  I wonder if they even have a permit to put the tourney on.  I'm guessing no?  Maybe someone could clarify this.
Red,
                   I beleive it's Kosher because Dec knew about it and last year the contest had like 3weigh judges located up the middle of the cove. If you know how small this place is ,it doesn't only take a min. to get to a weigh station. Too many people in too small of a spot for me. Positives are, it's for a good cause and burgers are good at both Alcove and Coveville bar and grills. Alcove made a good breakfast too. Well you know where my intrest lies. ;D

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2006, 07:50 PM »
good point!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.