New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: long crannberry and braddock  (Read 1382 times)

Offline BASSMASTER

• IceShanty Rookie
long crannberry and braddock
« on: Feb 10, 2006, 07:32 AM »
Could some one please give me a report on the ice conditions on cranberry or braddocks

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
Re: long crannberry and braddock
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:14 AM »
Conditions are already posted on the NEW YORK fishing conditions board !
Braddocs Bay is on there .

Offline BASSMASTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:22 AM »
What is it under? county

Offline hardwater Rick

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • THROW THE SMALL ONES BACK!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2006, 11:00 AM »
2 pm  at the entrance in the middle of the circle on east side.  walked out about 20 feet and as soon as i thought i heard cracking , i rushed back.  hammer hole about 1.5-2 in covered with about an in of snow and/or slush
2/9

this is from you on the report board  I would not say safe at all
by your report. you rushed back and heard cracking!!!!
and then saying it will be safe tomorrow..you kiddin me or what.
 taken a chance if you ask me.... I want to get out bad
also don't want to get wet. Bobber if you go watch it and good luck
I will wait another week   this is all new ice too.  which can be good and bad.

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2006, 12:03 PM »
2/9

this is from you on the report board  I would not say safe at all
by your report. you rushed back and heard cracking!!!!
and then saying it will be safe tomorrow..you kiddin me or what.
 taken a chance if you ask me.... I want to get out bad
also don't want to get wet.
Bobber if you go watch it and good luck
I will wait another week   this is all new ice too.  which can be good and bad.

Bobbers is a good guy and very honest with his reports both here and at the store.
He isnt here to give anyone false info just to bring in a customer or two!

Yes, maybe yesterday the ice was a bit shakey, and today its a bit better, and then again tomorrow still a bit better yet! The weather conditions have been pretty favorable to us and there are many guys that like to fish the newer ice  (3 to 4 inches). In a way it is like fishing first ice all over again!

MY SUGGESTION.... if you dont want to go on the new ice, feel free to wait until you feel safe. After all, your safety is whats most inportant to you and yourself only!  Other people on the otherhand, look very forward to the reports that bobbers shares... this way they dont have to waste a drive, but also know in there opinion when it is good enough for them to be there by their own judgement!

Offline kenpike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2006, 12:16 PM »
Three inch of ice on braddock is safe unless you worry about breaking into water all the way up to your ankle.  well actually about your calfs.   maybe knees at about 50 feet out.

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2006, 12:30 PM »
Three inch of ice on braddock is safe unless you worry about breaking into water all the way up to your ankle.  well actually about your calfs.   maybe knees at about 50 feet out.

Exactly!!!  ;)

Offline MXFISHER656

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2006, 12:53 PM »
Didn't mean to sound like I was ripping on bobber just that yes he's right there will be guys fishing it this weekend, but I wouldn't say it's "good ice" or ready to go. Braddock is shallow and if you go thru you can touch, as for this weekend I wouldn't except to see hut's all over and tons of people, more like a brave few with the bare minimum of equipment in a 5 gallon pal treading lightly. Hell theres a good chance I will be one of them. I just don't know if I'm going to wear my waders or not. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stay on top everyone, bring a friend, and use your head.

Offline hardwater Rick

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • THROW THE SMALL ONES BACK!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2006, 03:09 PM »
MX     I did not say anything about his business
you need to lightnen up pal... the post I wrote had nothing to do with you
for one thing..   and you are protecting,,, I don't know what...
and then "Hardwater remember  this and that"   I know bobbers.. I do live in rochester
I just seen a conflicting post and pointed it out.. it was not directed to anyone.
I have been with this site longer than alot of people on here   and you can see why I don't state my opion much.. everything turns into a bunch of crap... to be honest
some of these 10 page on and on threads are ridicuolous.bobber can speak for himself and does not need you or anyone else to do it for him.and I am sure he thinks nothing of what I posted.. you make it sound like I am cutting the guy down, and then you say I did'nt meen to sound like I am ripping on bobber    what is with you..dude  have a freakin drink... good fishin    last post from me.....that's for sure.

Offline bobbers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2006, 03:37 PM »
there are people fishing as i type .  i can t help it.   i can t condone it, but i don t mind reporting it and yes alot of people have bought bait to go out as early as now.  most are planning to go out on braddock tomorrow.  i talk to 20 to 30 people aday about ice conditions and either myself or my son goes to braddock, long, cranberry, buck, and russell station almost daily as we need to know as close to possible how much bait we need to harvest or buy and obviously that depends on the conditions.  i know when there will be people fishing before they even get there.  it is just the nature of my business and i love it, especially sharing with you guys.  geeeez, i have 6, 8 phone calls aday asking me about the conditions.   sorry if i sound like a no it all but it is all i have as i really can t find time to be out myself to fish and keep my customers all content. (unfortunately that is the nature of the business also)    you can believe i would never exagerate to sell bait as it is not only my reputation but that of my sons and my family and actually believe that it would kill the business i have. sorry for venting. 
i am pretty sure most of you guys are my buds anyways, or ryans. 

Offline MXFISHER656

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2006, 04:14 PM »
Rick it's obvious you grossly mis-interpreted my post and I removed for you. I don't understand where your coming up with your rant, we've all seen the conflicting reports and want to know the truth. I know you didn't say anything about his business, I did. I thought I was some what agreeing with you and giving you some info if you were from out of the area or unaware of who he is.

I apologize to Bobber if I offended you, didn't mean to imply anything.

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2006, 05:35 PM »

Bobbers is a good guy and very honest with his reports both here and at the store.
He isnt here to give anyone false info just to bring in a customer or two!

Yes, maybe yesterday the ice was a bit shakey, and today its a bit better, and then again tomorrow still a bit better yet! The weather conditions have been pretty favorable to us and there are many guys that like to fish the newer ice  (3 to 4 inches). In a way it is like fishing first ice all over again!

MY SUGGESTION.... if you dont want to go on the new ice, feel free to wait until you feel safe. After all, your safety is whats most inportant to you and yourself only!  Other people on the otherhand, look very forward to the reports that bobbers shares... this way they dont have to waste a drive, but also know in there opinion when it is good enough for them to be there by their own judgement!

I agree with Oak.  Bobbers is a super guy.  I buy bait from him and his son all the time. 

Hardwater Rick,
Have you every fished Braddocks?  This is the only place I will fish on 3 inches of ice.  If you go through you will only go in up to your waist.  If you do not believe what someone posted check for your self.  I went to Braddocks today and found the same conditions posted by Bobbers. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.