Author Topic: Fishtrap Pro cover installation  (Read 875 times)

Offline Murf

• IceShanty Rookie
Fishtrap Pro cover installation
« on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:02 PM »
When putting your cover on your new fishtrap it says to have the porch hoop just lightly resting on the floor.  I was wondering if anybody out there has done it this way and had any problems with the front hoop staying flush with the ground.  I thought that maybe you would need to allow a little extra fabric so the porch hoop front sits firmly on the ground with a little leeway. I had a buddy who installed the cover the recommended way but when the base is on snow which is usually uneven it tends to make the front porch hoop come away from the ground.

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fishtrap Pro cover installation
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:14 PM »
I thought the same thing when I put my trap together last night.  I gave a little leeway so it rests firmly on the ground.  I will have it on the ice this week-end if there are any problems I will let you know.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Re: Fishtrap Pro cover installation
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2006, 09:48 AM »

I've put half a dozen models together and always gave a little extra so it's firmly on the ground.
I've found that if the sled is sitting slightly higher on snow, etc. it's nice to have that extra leadway. Also the side flaps will stay down better.  ;)

Those who are brave are free ..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.