Author Topic: Bloomington & Evergreen lake ice conditions? Coming from CO  (Read 1043 times)

Offline COlipripper

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm driving to central IL from CO for Christmas and will be there through the week. I'm wondering if I should bring ice gear. I've never ice fished Bloomington or Evergreen lake but would like to if there's at least 4" of ice after the warm spell. I might also have access to a couple smaller ponds in the area while I'm there.

Has anyone nearby checked these lakes recently??

Anyone who is willing to show me the ropes on either of these lakes would have the favor returned in full if you plan to visit Colorado and fish for monster trout in the mountains  @)

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Selective harvest works!

Offline DaWakoKid

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bloomington & Evergreen lake ice conditions? Coming from CO
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2016, 07:51 AM »
Haven't drilled any holes in the area yet, but every body of water I've driven by in the last week appears to be entirely frozen. Haven't driven by Evergreen or Bloomington, though.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2016, 11:16 AM »
Next 2 days are going to be in the 50s, with rain on Christmas. I think fishing Evergreen or Bloomington would be pushing your luck. I would think you would have a better chance at a farm pond.

Offline COlipripper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2016, 01:37 PM »
Thanks for the replies fellas. I've been watching your weather like a hawk and agree that the ponds I have permission to fish might be the way to go. And even then I'm going slow, drilling as I go, taking my brother, and using typical early ice safety gear.

Tight lines and bluegill slimes!
Selective harvest works!

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2016, 01:53 PM »
Yeah unfortunately, those central illinois lakes take a bit. On the Fox Chain last week there was about 4inches and that was northern illinois, granted there is some current in there. Most lakes were about 4-6 inches in the northern half. You can try calling this bait shop, it is in El Paso, they might have a more accurate ice report. Not sure if they stay open for the ice fishing season. http://mikesminnowbucket.com/contact-us.html

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.