Author Topic: Deeper Fish Finder  (Read 972 times)

Offline Mooncat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Deeper Fish Finder
« on: Dec 22, 2016, 10:43 AM »
We have always borrowed or rented vexilar's for fishing trips before. I am wanting to buy something this year, but didn't want to spend the $400+ I found the Deeper Fish Finder and it looked quite intriguing and looked like it would work just fine for ice fishing.

I am wondering if anyone on here has used them and your thoughts on them? Planning on buying one right after Christmas.

Thanks!
Thanks,
Paul in Palmyra, Nebraska

Offline SDFishnFriendly

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Deeper Fish Finder
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2016, 04:01 PM »
Mooncat, I apologize ahead of time, I have not used one.  However, I did do a lot of research on them as I thought about getting my daughter one.  I'll tell you that the only real negatives I found were the battery life, which I believe was around 4 hours of use, and the fact that you have to use a phone or tablet out on the ice which also makes you use a battery.  Other than those two things, all the reviews I've seen and videos I've watched looked very promising.  I haven't pulled the trigger yet on a purchase, I was hoping they would improve the battery life and reduce the charge time.  I do like the fact that there is no cord to get in the way when you bring a fish up, and some of the mapping and upgradability (not a word) are promising.  I also like that I could use it in the kayak in the summer. 

Offline Lukaszu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2016, 04:06 PM »
U may wanna look into fish hunter 3d pro.. Especially the cone angles also While Bluetooth connection save battery the downside is the connection sucks butt.  PS the battery is longer then 4 hours. On deeper ibobber and fish hunter.

Offline SDFishnFriendly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2016, 04:36 PM »
I may have the battery life incorrect.  I know that isn't what the company states.  I guess my notes are from some reviews I had read.  Those could be incorrect.  Sorry about that. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.