Author Topic: Underwater camera suggestions?  (Read 1018 times)

Offline MarcumPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish stories told here!!!! Some true...
Underwater camera suggestions?
« on: Dec 19, 2016, 10:25 PM »
I'm looking to buy a camera this year, I don't want to spend top dollar for one, but was wondering what you guys use around here? What cam is the best bang for the buck? I've looked at the aqua vu and marcum, any suggestions would be great!  I understand water clarity is big, but does one perform better than another in this aspect
Mitch

Offline coopason

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oops missed another 1,no wait ahh FEEL it
Re: Underwater camera suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2016, 12:29 AM »
Hope you get some responses.
What price range you looking for?

I am looking also.

Coop
Coopason

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Suck it up and drive on troop
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2016, 05:46 AM »
Well I've been using aqua vu since the beginning of time. Lol. The micro 5 is great for all around use. Small enough to fit in pocket yet five inch screen is plenty big especially setting on top of a vycjet   I personally have just switched to the new marcum recon and i must say um in live with it. Picture quality is 3 times better and the new directional feature will be a game changer when chasing crappie , perch and walleye. It is also cheaper than an aqua vu.
Prov.27:17 As iron sharpens iron ,so one man sharpens another.

Offline wsj_outdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wandering the Ice somewhere
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2016, 05:57 AM »
Have used for many years the VS380 Marcum with great results.  I don't think I would spend more for bells and whistle's on the more costly units as that does not change picture quality at all, just adds depth/direction.  As for a color unit.......really if you cant tell what kind of fish it is by looking at it,  color is not going to help you identify it. Plus the new color units go to black/white in low light conditions anyway so save the dollars.  Look for the lux rating and you get better picture quality with the sony supper HAD CCD unit than a CSMO camera.  Not quite sure I typed the names right on the cameras but you will know when you read the specs on them.

Just my 2 cents.
wsj
If a man can't laugh at himself....he leaves the job to others

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2016, 07:33 AM »
Note you can go on Aqua Views website and get a refurb Micro for 169.00 or a Micro 5c for 269.00.

Offline MarcumPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2016, 10:28 AM »
Wow, thanks guys, I'm looking to stay under 350 probably, I just don't want to buy a 500-600 for my first, I fish mostly in 20' or less water. Do any of these record or is that at $500 bell and whistle?
Mitch

Offline bighornrmk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2016, 01:13 PM »
MarcumPro you have a PM

Offline ice ice baby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2016, 04:00 PM »
I've had an aqua view, switched to marcum pro... What a huge difference! Love it

Offline MarcumPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2016, 08:47 PM »
So what I'm getting out of this is marcum is a better camera from your experiences?
Mitch

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2016, 08:54 PM »
Wow, thanks guys, I'm looking to stay under 350 probably, I just don't want to buy a 500-600 for my first, I fish mostly in 20' or less water. Do any of these record or is that at $500 bell and whistle?

I got my Marcum Recon5+ for 400 out the door. I heard there were some even better deals than that. It's got temp, depth, direction and integrated DVR for that price.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline walleyedmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2016, 02:01 AM »
I got my Marcum Recon5+ for 400 out the door. I heard there were some even better deals than that. It's got temp, depth, direction and integrated DVR for that price.
Yup, Macum Recon 5+ is the way to go. Great picture, great features, and you can use up to a 32 GB chip to record video.......that's a LOT of video.
As always, I am............ walleyed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.