Author Topic: best 12v led light setup  (Read 785 times)

Offline alanderson

• IceShanty Rookie
best 12v led light setup
« on: Dec 10, 2016, 02:50 PM »
Can anyone send a link or give me product info on light strips that you find works the best in a flipover?

Offline majic0135

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: best 12v led light setup
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2016, 01:21 PM »
My2 cents worth,,, Yea you can buy the stip offered by clam and others,,, Look in e-bay for LED stip lights,,, Bought for my camper,,, works well,,, Then did my flip over shack (strip on tub by seat) and line to gel battery. Less than $10,,, Works good if I am out real late,,, If just for short time a round LED light that hangs on pole works good also and battery (3 or 4 Triple A's) last for season...
majic

Offline SDFishnFriendly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2016, 03:04 PM »
We did the same.  Very inexpensive and works well.  I'd suggest getting waterproof LED's.  You will see them when you search the strips.  They actually come in a roll.  Learn how (if you don't already know) how to solder and you will be good to go.  I run mine off of a marine battery.  They work great. 

Offline littlepineguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2016, 03:20 PM »
If you're looking for a link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01339F5ZO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what I use in my flip over and under the gunnels in the boat. Super easy to cut/modify for your needs, for the flipover I use 1/2 of the 16ft., put alligator clips on one end and run them off a Vex battery. Crazy bright and run a long time on a small power source. There are a pile of options if you prefer the bright white vs. warm, how many LM per LED, etc.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.