New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Saratoga Shanty's thru the ice  (Read 5495 times)

Offline pro50guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Saratoga Shanty's thru the ice
« Reply #30 on: Feb 10, 2006, 09:12 PM »
hey hookset we got your neighbors shanty out, unfortunately it came out in two pieces had to cut it with the chain saw. yours wasn't that bad, looks like it may come out a little easier. ill be on the tommorrow at 7 going to fish all day ill stop by and see hoe your doin
"you can pick your nose and your friends can pick there nose, but you cant pick your friends nose"-john fickel     "equal opportunity for everyone special treatment for no one"-jesse james

Offline gair-z

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 10, 2006, 10:01 PM »
This story amazes me!  dunno why but it does..  maybe because I'm not familiar with hardsides and what must be done to care for them and all. what a lousy winter..
Good luck to ya Hookset!  We're all hoping for the best!  and as Mac said, get some pics!

gair-z
Pres.    Cuba Lake Crappie Killers (pre Ice Shanty) (defunct)
2007 1st place Cuba Lake Wizard tourney - Perch
2013 1st place DSO Ice Tourney - Bluegill

Offline pro50guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 11, 2006, 10:49 PM »
hookset got his shanty out today looked to be salvageable, wonder where he is, maybee rebuilding? i just wanted to say that just because there shanty's went in doesn't mean the ice fishing seasson is over. still plenty of time left lets get those spirits up and do some ice fishing, was in the shanty today still on Saratoga lake and had a great day caught the biggest bass of my life and the ice was 11"thick and growing.
"you can pick your nose and your friends can pick there nose, but you cant pick your friends nose"-john fickel     "equal opportunity for everyone special treatment for no one"-jesse james

camo_fish

« Reply #33 on: Feb 11, 2006, 11:46 PM »
cool, glad Hookset got his shanty out in one piece.  ;D glad to here the ice is still good too.
I maybe going out for a few hours this week, we'll that is between work, bus's, work, sleep, etc.  ;D
Thanks for the report pro50guy.
I maybe out for a dog and cold one this week.  ;)

Offline Zgills08

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 12, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Those sinking huts made the national paper last week.  In last Thursday's USA Today there was a pic of a hut and a camper sinking through the ice on Saratoga.  You guys haul your campers out on the ice? 

Offline pro50guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 12, 2006, 10:37 PM »
gonna be warm in the middle of the week  ??? I'm a little paranoid and may move the hut alittle closer to shore, so its easier for the wrecker too hook on to it,    lol no I'm only kidding about the wrecker thing. hey camo you in the tourney this weekend?

camo_fish

« Reply #36 on: Feb 12, 2006, 10:59 PM »
hey camo you in the tourney this weekend?
Nope, working all weekend and mid following week going up to camp in speculator for a few days.  ;) C&R well needed.  ;D

Offline Hookset

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't eat the yellow snow!
« Reply #37 on: Feb 13, 2006, 09:43 AM »
Well, the shanty is out , but she didn't weather the storm too well.  We ended up having to hook it to a truck via 500 feet of cable and try to flip her up on the ice.  After multiple failed attempts because of the shack spinning or the ice breaking, we finally felt confident that we had the straps secured properly.  Well, they were secure, but they did tear the majority of the roof off of the shanty.  Earlier attempts had crushed two or three of the walls and there wasn't more than one window still in her after all was said and done.  Sad day on the lake, but she's out and DEC won't be fining me.  The diver cost us a bit more than we had hoped, but I wasn't getting in that water, so I guess it was money well spent.  Oh well, we have learned a valuable lesson:  make sure the shanty will float next time.  The plans are already in the works, so we'll see you back out there next year.  Just look for the satellite dish, that will be us.
We don't own nature, nature owns us.

PIKEGUY

« Reply #38 on: Feb 13, 2006, 09:49 AM »
Sorry to hear of the damage, but I'm glad you got her out

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #39 on: Feb 13, 2006, 11:06 AM »
Its good that you got it out, and got away with out anyfines!
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.