Author Topic: marcum software released for the digital sonars 10/25/16  (Read 825 times)

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: marcum software released for the digital sonars 10/25/16
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2016, 11:56 AM »
It sucks to be a LX-9 owner...

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Not affiliated with MarCum Tech.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2016, 01:20 PM »
i wouldn't say that. i like mine and always looking forward to using it.

the lx9 works like the new firmware just out for the lx6/7's. the firmware just renamed the modes to say mode 1 and mode 2 instead of ice mode (mode 1 now) and open water mode (mode 2 now) and still has the missing 2.5' of water.
as far as clearing up deep water fishing, what is deep water fishing exactly? the most i fish is 27' and it works just fine.

the reason for the update was to address the missing 2.5' of water and they did not do that, so it seems to be a waste of money and effort on their part.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=74.0

Offline Sweet Daddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2016, 08:23 AM »
The upgrade also added a few things to the demo mode, like Ice mode. and makes it easier for a new user to figure out what the unit is telling you. I think there was also a tweak in the sensitivity of the unit.  I would like to see a low power selection, for shallow water, as I think sometimes the ping from the unit will spook pressured fish.  My next upgrade will be a Lithium Ion battery for the unit, to make it lighter.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.