Author Topic: Please wear the right gear please read for your safety  (Read 2411 times)

GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
Re: Please wear the right gear please read for your safety
« Reply #20 on: Dec 08, 2016, 01:17 PM »
  Also, if you don't know how to get out of the water when you fall through the ice, get on youtube and watch how to do it.  It isn't hard, and it's a great skill to have.

... and there's no substitute for wearing floatation. Wear it and live!
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

straightShot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 09, 2016, 07:01 PM »
I like the Stabilicer Maxx for my boots.  I did have to get Velcro extensions to be able to get around my Lacrosse Alphaburly size 12s.  I also have to readjust them occasionally when I walk since with the extensions, they don't seem to stay in place as they should, and they slouch off to the side.  Others I go fishing with have the medium Stabilicer Maxx for their boots as they have smaller feet, and they don't have the problems that I have.  I've wasted money on other setups that didn't grip the ice very well or just fell off as I walked.  They got thrown away. Even with having to put an extension on my cleats and slouching to the side on occasion, the Stabilicer Maxx cleats that I got work much better than the others that I tried and threw out.  I walk carefully, but I walk with confidence.  It's all about safety first.

AZbassernCO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Oct 11, 2017, 10:19 PM »
just moving this back up guys

lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Oct 11, 2017, 10:23 PM »
getting a spud bar this season after watching a close friend fall through the ice, we both got floating suits this off season. 

IceholeHEN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Oct 18, 2017, 07:36 AM »
Does anyone wear the safety watches? Just wondering. This will be the first year I'm gonna wear one and just seeing if anyone had any thoughts about it.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.