Author Topic: Questions about a Atlantis Sportscam  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
Questions about a Atlantis Sportscam
« on: Sep 17, 2016, 01:24 PM »
The model is AUW-502 I believe. Does anyone have this or every use one? It's an older model and the company I believe went out of business or at least that's what the number on the instruction manual said lol.

The question I have is everything seems to work fine except I can't figure out how to turn on the lights on the camera and it doesn't say in the instructions so I'm wondering if they just turn on automatically or if I have to turn them on. I don't see a option to turn them on so I'm thinking they might just be broke which would be a huge bummer.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks guy and girls!!

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Questions about a Atlantis Sportscam
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2016, 06:30 PM »
The lights are probably always on and Infrared. Turn it on, go into a dark room, close the door and look at your screen while panning the camera. 
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2016, 07:50 PM »
The lights are probably always on and Infrared. Turn it on, go into a dark room, close the door and look at your screen while panning the camera.

You my friend are right! It is infrared. I was using it during the day in about 4 ft of clear sandy area so it was tough to see which would explain why I couldn't see anything. Cool man I appreciate the help. I thought they were LED's and was expecting a bright light. I won't be able to see very far by I'll be able to see the fish snatch the jig I guess.  Lol.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2016, 10:32 PM »
A Crappie swimming close to the camera at night will shine like a silver dollar. Tiny aquatic animals cause so much clutter after dark you can see better if you can turn the LEDs off.

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2016, 04:38 PM »
A Crappie swimming close to the camera at night will shine like a silver dollar. Tiny aquatic animals cause so much clutter after dark you can see better if you can turn the LEDs off.

Wait, I'm a little confused.. Infrared has red lights right? No lights turned in at all but I was able to see the dock post last night underwater. Think that was from the moonlight?

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 18, 2016, 04:51 PM »
Infrared has red lights right?

No.  Infrared is outside the visible spectrum to the human eye.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #7 on: Sep 18, 2016, 07:37 PM »
Infrared is invisible to humans. That is why I suggested panning the camera in a dark room. These cameras are almost useless after the sun goes down unless you have a way to light the area below the holes you are fishing through. In shallow water a Coleman lantern sitting on the ice close to where you are fishing may work for you. I have never seen Infrared LEDs spook fish when being used with a camera system.

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2016, 06:40 PM »
I had no idea how it worked so I really do appreciate the help guys. Sounds like it might be more of a pain in the ass then helpful. Lol. I met a guy on Craigslist that was selling ice fishing equipment and I stopped to grab a couple items and he threw that in with the package deal so I can't complain i guess. Lol . It looks brand-new

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.