Author Topic: Tuned Up Custom Rods  (Read 2817 times)

Offline nhm6408

• IceShanty Rookie
Tuned Up Custom Rods
« on: Sep 15, 2016, 05:44 PM »
Are they really worth it? Going big this year with new gear and thinking a super nice walleye jigging rod is in order.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tuned Up Custom Rods
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2016, 09:25 PM »
I'm not a walleye fisherman but I do own a TUCR Bullwhip and I'm going to order a Precision Noodle here in a few weeks. Some people will look at you weird when you tell them you bought a $100 ice rod but if you respect your gear they are well worth it IMO.

I say go for it.

IDO Fishing on YouTube showcases TUCR quite a bit and they mostly fish for walleye. Best videos to see what TUCR is all about. They also have there own forum where TUCR is a quite active member.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline pyro261

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2016, 07:19 AM »
I bought a precision noodle last year.  It's a pretty slick rod.

I make my own rods now and can do so for a lot less than what I paid for the Tuned Up Custom.  No idea yet how they differ in performance, but at least mine look nice as I can do decorative wraps on them!

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2016, 08:20 AM »
I love my TUCR Rods, I have a bullwhip and a quicktip for walleye and large pan fishing for Sodak and such places.  I also have two precision noodles which are awesome too.  I think any well made custom rod is worth it but I just happen to try TUCR first and fell in love with them.  My overall favorite multi species rod is the Bullwhip

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2016, 12:03 PM »
Custom rods are nice for sure, I have a TUCR quick tip, DH Al Dente,DH perch pounder x2,DH Walleye stinger and a Thorne Bros perch sweetheart my fav rod well thats hard to say but I do like the Perch pounder and sweetheart a lot.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 16, 2016, 11:57 PM »
if you are looking at a noodle type rod then save urself some money and go with light weight fly guides. Tucr does not offer anything other than recoil guides last i knew so get a dh custom. Better rod imo and can get for 69 bucks compared to 100 on the tucr. Recoils offer little benefit on a noodle rod. Carbon is diff story.

Offline OIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Sep 17, 2016, 04:49 AM »
Are they really worth it? Going big this year with new gear and thinking a super nice walleye jigging rod is in order.

Custom rods are sweet love all the ones I have made and the few I have had other make for me. Alot of his price is the recoil guides those things are not cheap.

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2016, 09:11 AM »
I've got the Precision Noodle, Bullwhip, Quicktip and Commander. All are great rods and have their styles that they are made for. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another

Having said that I also have a DH Customs Al Dente and Perch Pounder and those are great rods too

There is a difference between the Al Dente and the Precision Noodle, the Al Dente is thinner at the tip and a little more sensitive (regarding the visual bite) and the Precision Noodle seems to have more of a backbone on the hookset

When it comes to customer service, there is a big difference between the 2

If you are planning to order from either place, I would do so within the next few weeks if you want it in early December

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.