Author Topic: Quick Flip III Won't fit under the Tonneau Cover  (Read 1116 times)

Offline fisher50

• Team IceShanty Regular
Quick Flip III Won't fit under the Tonneau Cover
« on: Jan 30, 2006, 06:07 AM »
I can't spell tonnew, can I?  I woke up with an idea.  The shanty is about 24 inches tall, collapsed.  The whole cover mechanism is held to the sled by six small bolts.  With thumb screws, I could easily take it apart, flip it upside down on top of the sled, and fit (I think) the whole thing under the cover of the pick-up bed.  The travel cover really fits loosely.  Don't like the idea of traveling on the highway with it flapping in the wind. 
I enjoy that perfect peace -- that peace beyond all understanding, which comes at it's maximum, only to the man who has given up golf.

Offline frznFinn

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Quick Flip III Won't fit under the Tonneau Cover
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2006, 04:45 PM »
my dad bought the quick flip 3 and then bought a quad cab truck. The flip wouldn't let him shut the tail gate. He was so mad, but it worked out for us. I traded him our shappell dx3000 for it. Good luck-we love ours
24 hours in a day. 24 beers in a case ... coincidence?

Offline fisher50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2006, 11:22 AM »
My bed is 6 1/2 ft long on the Silverado ext cab.  My problem is the height of the folded up shack.  I need to lose about four inches.  The travel cover seems really loose.  I suspect it would do a lot of flapping if I haul it in an open truck.  I'll be looking for a fishnet cover to tie it down, if taking it apart doesn't work. 

I think it's gonna be a "palace" on the ice.  Really look forward to the room, plus I can stand up.  A big move up from the Trap Guide.  The Guide was good, but I really wanted the room.

Rick
I enjoy that perfect peace -- that peace beyond all understanding, which comes at it's maximum, only to the man who has given up golf.

Offline frznFinn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2006, 01:50 PM »
Yeah it seems like taking that apart everytime would get frustrating. We didn't realize how big it actually was until we loaded it into our truck..When we bought our new truck we got a topper right after it. It sure is nice being able to load everything up and not worry about it.
24 hours in a day. 24 beers in a case ... coincidence?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.