Author Topic: ESKIMO EVO 1.. OPINIONS ON IT PLEASE  (Read 728 times)

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
ESKIMO EVO 1.. OPINIONS ON IT PLEASE
« on: Jan 29, 2016, 07:19 AM »
I have no idea why but my recent post was taken down so I'll try again.

I am thinking about getting a single man shanty and like the Eskimo evo 1 a lot but wanted to see if anyone on here has it or had opinions on it. I've watched videos online and seen it in the stores but before I go spending money I don't have I'm curious if anyone knows any flaws with it.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ESKIMO EVO 1.. OPINIONS ON IT PLEASE
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2016, 07:33 AM »
Search upper left ....

Ya I read some of them. I saw that post yesterday but I was hoping to get some new insight being that it wasn't ice fishing season yet and people haven't tried then out really yet.

http://www.iceshanty.com/search/googlecs.php?cx=partner-pub-4142604719202363%3A1m5u4k-rv05&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=evo1&sa=Search

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: ESKIMO EVO 1.. OPINIONS ON IT PLEASE
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2016, 08:29 AM »
my opinions are it's not easy to set up and takes time. it's not to replace the flip over shanty. it is built for those who can't afford a sled to haul the hub, but only has half the hub space. it is like a hub with all of your things including your sled in your hub with you taking up hub space. it has more things than hub to use for set up such as the separate rods with couplers that you have to keep track of to hold the door(s) open. you have to stake the front down to keep the door in place for when it's open. the stake is all the keeps the opening for the door stay in tact. the bars are huge and only has one and appears to be 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" bars that slide and has a red coupler and if condensation gets into those bar, they will freeze and be a hassle to extend or collapse. the sled is used to hold all of the fabric and rods and you things will in lying on top of it or at least risking the fabric to cuts and tears. it's not insulated so it will rain on you if you heat it. it would be difficult to install refletex to try to stop the rain showers in the ceiling.
it is designed for those who can't decide which one is for them a flip over or a hub. i know it's not for me at all. i have two hubs and two flip overs and one suit case shanty.
my hub has much more space and that's why i have it.

i much prefer my one man flip for speed and being able to move  to a better spot when the fish move and to use it half way open for a wind break and has a bench seat i can slide way back in the tub for easy access to things under it and for seating back in the tent if i want more floor space to fish. i also like a flip for it 's weight.

those are my opinions on the matter.

i just noticed two threads on the same subject are on the general forum section
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=323811.0

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.