Author Topic: Ashton Reservoir  (Read 955 times)

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ashton Reservoir
« on: Jan 05, 2016, 06:36 PM »
Didn't see a link under reports and conditions for Ashton so I will just post a report in here.   Fished Ashton Reservoir for about 5 hours today. Caught 15 or so smallish rainbows and 2 nice Browns, one went 19" the other 19.5". I've been wanting to catch Browns through the ice there for quite some time so I was pretty pleased to actually hook into 2! Ice is around 10"

Offline Texahoan

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ashton Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Thanks for the post! How do you access Ashton Reservoir? I've never caught a brown on anything but a fly rod. Would be fun to try and get one through the ice!

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2016, 07:53 PM »
There are just two ways that I know of, you can park by the substation and walk around the gate and across the dam, which is what most people do. Or just a little further up the road is an access down a fence line. The other day that access wasn't accessible but by snowmobile. Most of the reservoir is inaccessible due to private property. There's a boat ramp access just past the hwy 20 bridge that I guess you could fish the upper end but I've never tried that because a lot of the time it isn't frozen up there.  The road right at the frosttop drive in is what takes you over to the dam. Just past the river bridge take the road on the right.

Offline Texahoan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2016, 08:43 PM »
Thanks!

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:18 AM »
Didn't see a link under reports and conditions for Ashton so I will just post a report in here.   

Thanks, Groundtrac.  It's there now:  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=325073.0
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.