The board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Lansing Hardwater  (Read 23025 times)

Offline wingfan87

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lansing Hardwater
« Reply #330 on: Feb 22, 2018, 11:38 AM »
Any ice condition reports for Lansing and surrounding areas? I drive to Mt Pleasant weekly and the ponds along 127 near St. Johns still had ice, but the shore ice was gone for the first one or two feet. Wondering  how the ice on Jordan, Morrison, Tuper,  and Chemung are doing?

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #331 on: Feb 22, 2018, 05:27 PM »
Hey guys sorry for being a stranger, let's just say I had an okay season. Did most of my fishing out on the west side of MI where my lady resides, so I didn't get to do much reporting for this thread. Glad to see you guys worked together a bit to help each other out. That's why I made this thread!!! Anyways stay safe on this late ice guys please. Let one or two people know where your going and when if you plan on going out on your own. Bring the picks and the spud out again.

Also side note, I'm looking to open the boat up soon and my tradition is always to hit Lake Ovid first to open the open water season up. Does anyone know how it's looking out there?
For awesome photos on all my adventures across michigans hardwater follow me on instagram @retired_metalcore_kid

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #332 on: Feb 22, 2018, 07:16 PM »
Good to hear from you, red! Was wondering where you'd been. All in all it was a real good ice fishing season around here. But I wasn't expecting it would end this quick. I'm guessing it's over around here, but I haven't been out to check any lakes since the rain. Would also like to hear reports, but just be careful.

Offline Barker1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Eat, sleep, college, fish. It's what I do!
« Reply #333 on: Feb 24, 2018, 09:10 AM »
Thanks for the reports this year guys they were helpful!

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #334 on: Oct 09, 2018, 07:24 PM »
Well, here we are again fellas. This thread has been awesome the past 3 years. Lets keep it going! Lets talk about game plans/equipment this year to get the thread started!!! Per usual, youll see me walking around on 2 inches or so as soon as i find it! Will give reports more regularly this year. Last year i had a career change and started my own business so you all can imagine ive been working my butt off between last ice and now. But i think ive found more time to really get this thread rolling like we had it the first year! I'm absolutely pumped for ice fishing this year and i hope you all are as well!!!
For awesome photos on all my adventures across michigans hardwater follow me on instagram @retired_metalcore_kid

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #335 on: Nov 02, 2018, 06:33 PM »
We got some ice making temps coming fellas!!!

Offline Barker1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #336 on: Nov 10, 2018, 12:44 PM »
Myself and fishingixxer were just discussing the upcoming season. Both of us are very excited, cannot believe we already have snow here in the Lansing area. Hopefully cold temps stick around!

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #337 on: Nov 12, 2018, 10:23 AM »
Well if itís anything you read into Barker, theyíre saying this year is actually supposed to be a warmer than average and dryer than average winter. I guess weíll see. I feel like for the past 4 years we havenít really had much of an ice fishing season. Per usual Iíll be checking the regular spots that I do at the beginning of the year. Park Lake tends to freeze first around here. In theory I believe itís due to its low oxygen levels. Plus the lake isnít very deep and is a relatively shallow bowl besides the hole. One new thing Iím gonna try this year is make some
Of my own DIY I-fish pros out of wood. If you fellas havenít checked out I-fish pros yet, they are so much fun to use. Basically a tip up with your rod attached so you can fight the fish with your rod and reel instead of hand over hand. I found a video of a guy making the Clam Ice version of them if anyone would like me to publish the link here just let me know!!!

Offline Barker1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #338 on: Nov 18, 2018, 07:40 AM »
Thanks for that information regarding Park Lake. I will be sure to keep my eyes peeled on those temperatures.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #339 on: Nov 20, 2018, 01:36 AM »
WE GOT LOTS OF SKIM FELLAS!!!!! Weíre getting there!!! Kinda
Weird this year.  Seems warmer than usual yet we have ice forming. Iím not complaining but we do have a warm up this weekend. Iíll be out musky fishing until the lakes are locked up!!! Iíll keep you all posted!

Online strike1st

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #340 on: Nov 20, 2018, 04:12 PM »
Howdy Folks!
"All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory" motto of the King's Guard in ancient Greece.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #341 on: Dec 01, 2018, 11:36 AM »
Got on in Mid Michigan yesterday folks! 2-4Ē. Also wrangled my personal best northern! 38 1/4!!! Iíll be checking the ice around Lansing next week!!!

Online strike1st

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #342 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:13 PM »
Nice!

I won't hit the unless there is a minimum 4...be carefull out there!
"All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory" motto of the King's Guard in ancient Greece.

Offline Icer for life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #343 on: Today at 11:37 AM »
Well..........after the hard freeze Saturday, thinking there are some guys out on thin ice. 

Good to see we have a skim of solid black ice, just hoping for a few night of single digits and I so not see that in any forecasts.

Getting closer!

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.