Author Topic: Vexilar Fish Phone Camera?  (Read 1725 times)

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
Vexilar Fish Phone Camera?
« on: Dec 28, 2015, 04:42 PM »
I’ve read through some reviews, but most were initial reviews. Looking for a review by any long-term users of the FP100.

I’m looking for something highly portable to scout structure (also considering the Aqua-Vu Micro). But, would really like the additional functionality to remotely watch a pair of jawjackers.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Vexilar Fish Phone Camera?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2015, 08:24 PM »
if the camera would just be for scouting then I would recommend the micro as the fish phone is a full size camera and is heavy to use as a scouting camera. now like you also said you want it for watch your jaw jackers from a distance. the fish phone would shine in this role. this will be my second season with my fish phone. I also run a Vexilar Double Vision set up to where I have the flasher(FL-22) and camera(fish scout) in the same case.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline scmuskies

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2016, 09:35 AM »
I got a fish phone in December and was able to put it through its paces the past couple of days, and I'm impressed!  I've got it paired with a tablet (Lenovo Yoga 2) and was able to get signal 150'+ away, no problems.  The ability to quickly tap & record video or pictures is awesome. 

The minor issue I have is that the app will kick you out after about 30 minutes of use.  But, it seems like it only does that if you set it & leave it and there may be a work around in the settings, haven't played around that far.  Would be nice to be able to switch batteries if you take out on weekend long trips without being able to recharge, but I've gotten 6hrs out of the battery and still had at least 1/3 charge left.

Overall, extremely satisfied with it.

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2016, 04:12 PM »
My brother has a Fish Phone and likes it. I like it too. I have a Marcum LX-9 which is a whole different animal, but it cost $1200 too. For the price I think the Fish Phone is a good deal. If we are split up and in different houses I can watch my Marcum, and his on my phone!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.