New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS 2015/2016  (Read 208319 times)

Offline icecusan

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS 2015/2016
« Reply #150 on: Jan 10, 2016, 06:02 PM »
So far best investment I made this year is my kayak looks like I might be using it before I planned on but with this weather it might be used a lot   :)
walk on water

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #151 on: Jan 10, 2016, 06:57 PM »
So far best investment I made this year is my kayak looks like I might be using it before I planned on but with this weather it might be used a lot   :)

Buying a Coosa HD in the spring! Can't wait to use it all over the state and may venture up into vt and maine
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline Greenhornet73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #152 on: Jan 10, 2016, 10:04 PM »
Got my Yak last January and honestly for the first time in 20 years of ice fishing don't care if we even get any ice this year.  Just means I'll be out trolling sooner this year.  It's addictive.
I prefer a 2oz sinker for perch...when it hits 'em they won't feel a thing

Offline teddyd1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ya you can find us where the Jiggins at
« Reply #153 on: Jan 11, 2016, 10:51 AM »
Snagger you think pond will be good by this weekend ??
Bustin balls and framin walls

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #154 on: Jan 11, 2016, 02:03 PM »
took a ride this morning on the west end. the ice didn't fare well at all. about half of big bay is open, and the same at short point, and lower south bay. I hope no one is on big bay. if the ice breaks away from the shore you're going for a ride down the lake !! stay safe !!   Sully...

Offline perch-hound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #155 on: Jan 11, 2016, 03:09 PM »
Ok, going to get a new Otter shack, just wondering if the xt600 canvas is heavy duty enough,
or should I go with the 1200?
Not sure what my otter green cabin would be equal to, but it is not insulated at any rate.
Has this question been asked before?
Thanks, perch

Offline PerchEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "eyes" have it!
« Reply #156 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:06 PM »
Ok, going to get a new Otter shack, just wondering if the xt600 canvas is heavy duty enough,
or should I go with the 1200?
Not sure what my otter green cabin would be equal to, but it is not insulated at any rate.
Has this question been asked before?
Thanks, perch

Good luck finding one locally...
The tug is the drug.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #157 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:44 PM »
You guys that use the LX-7 how do you like it? About to pull the trigger on one

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline bassmaster01

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #158 on: Jan 11, 2016, 06:07 PM »
Loudmouth.. Lx-7 is pure gold...kinda kick myself for not going for the LX-9 just for the camera tho. The LX-7 is the way to go!  ;D

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #159 on: Jan 11, 2016, 06:51 PM »
Loudmouth.. Lx-7 is pure gold...kinda kick myself for not going for the LX-9 just for the camera tho. The LX-7 is the way to go!  ;D

Its actually cheaper to buy the camera and LX7 separate than to get the LX9 and cheaper than if you upgrade the 7 to the 9 lol and you get better battery life with the 2 separate units  ;D

Offline Will Vaughan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #160 on: Jan 11, 2016, 08:45 PM »
Just moved out to Syraucse this past fall for school. Grew up Ice Fishing Vermont and this will be my first year on Oneida (Hopefully). I have an Otter650 and I gotta say I love it! The material is very durable. I always kick a bunch of snow over the outside of mine once I find a spot and even at the end of the day when it's all ice and you have to kind of rip it out mine has no tears in the material. Also keeps heat in very well too. I usually would fish alone without a wheeler or sled though and the drag out is hard. The sled is super durable and thick, but without any of the equipment it weighs like 80 pounds. The nubs on the end where you can tie a pulling rope or whatever too though makes loading a breeze. You can just lie the nubs on your tailgate, pick up on the back end and push it in. I also bought my first flasher last year which was the Lx-7 and I LOVE it. I've used it for Perch, Smelt, and Lakers all with success. Being able to see if there are in fact fish below you and how they react to your jigs is such a help. I would've never known there were fish below me sometimes and because I did, I just changed my presentation and had fish on the ice! First year fishing NY and if you see a Otter650 with either a Packers or 76ers flag flying (depending on weather) that will be me and maybe my Girlfriend out there and will always welcome meeting new people!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #161 on: Jan 11, 2016, 09:27 PM »
Its actually cheaper to buy the camera and LX7 separate than to get the LX9 and cheaper than if you upgrade the 7 to the 9 lol and you get better battery life with the 2 separate units  ;D
that isn't true. I used my lx 9 from 730 am to 5pm and still had 12 volts.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #162 on: Jan 11, 2016, 09:29 PM »
Any of the lx flashers are great. Turn it on and go. No more screwing around. I sold my lx7 to a buddy and got the 9. Used it last week and I'm so happy with it. Slow fishing day but it's going to be deadly once we get ice that's not clear.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline green thumb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #163 on: Jan 11, 2016, 10:10 PM »

I did not have any luck with the LX9. Loved the displays but had to send my first one back 3 years ago because it kept locking up and I had to shut it off to get it to work again. Liked it enough and hoped Marcum worked the bugs so I bought another the next year. Had to send it back because the plastic cover over the camera lens developed spider cracks rendering images indistinguishable . Sent it back and even tried a third unit that did the same thing.  Sorry Marcum, 3 strikes your out with me. Went back to a Vexilar, the  28,  and love it. Teamed it with their fish scout camera and Vexilars dvr which captures video instantly at the push of a fob button without going through multiple menu selections like the LX9. Seemed like by the time I got the LX9 to record, fish was usually gone. I know many guys have had good luck with their LX9's  but wasn't in the cards for me. Video below is from last winter off Godfrey Point; date is incorrect. Good luck with whatever you choose and lets get some ICE !!!

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #164 on: Jan 12, 2016, 01:57 AM »
Green thumb awesome video I too like the vexilar have an fl18 wouldn't leave the house without it

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #165 on: Jan 12, 2016, 07:06 AM »
Consider me another lx7 fan. Came from a vex to the 7 and wont ever look back. They get the job done and will go forever, but these digital units are sweeeet. Don't have experience with the 9, but I do know the 9 "prerecords" for 30 seconds on the dvr so you never miss what you want captured.
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline jighead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #166 on: Jan 12, 2016, 07:23 AM »
You guys that use the LX-7 how do you like it? About to pull the trigger on one

Not sure if this was stated, apologize if so, but I have an LX-7 and LOVE its versatility. They are on sale at FISHUSA for $599, very good price.

Offline Carcajou17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Fishin' Gal
« Reply #167 on: Jan 12, 2016, 07:47 AM »
Just moved out to Syraucse this past fall for school. Grew up Ice Fishing Vermont and this will be my first year on Oneida (Hopefully). I have an Otter650 and I gotta say I love it! The material is very durable. I always kick a bunch of snow over the outside of mine once I find a spot and even at the end of the day when it's all ice and you have to kind of rip it out mine has no tears in the material. Also keeps heat in very well too. I usually would fish alone without a wheeler or sled though and the drag out is hard. The sled is super durable and thick, but without any of the equipment it weighs like 80 pounds. The nubs on the end where you can tie a pulling rope or whatever too though makes loading a breeze. You can just lie the nubs on your tailgate, pick up on the back end and push it in. I also bought my first flasher last year which was the Lx-7 and I LOVE it. I've used it for Perch, Smelt, and Lakers all with success. Being able to see if there are in fact fish below you and how they react to your jigs is such a help. I would've never known there were fish below me sometimes and because I did, I just changed my presentation and had fish on the ice! First year fishing NY and if you see a Otter650 with either a Packers or 76ers flag flying (depending on weather) that will be me and maybe my Girlfriend out there and will always welcome meeting new people!

Welcome to Syracuse!  I'll stop by and say hi if I see your flags out there on the ice.  :)
Carcajou = Wolverine
Blessed and thanking God I can do this ice fishing thing...

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #168 on: Jan 12, 2016, 07:52 AM »
Great video green thumb! 
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline bassmaster01

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #169 on: Jan 12, 2016, 09:51 AM »
How did big bay fair from the rain and wind? Thinking of making a trip up on Saturday? Any condition updates would be greatly appreciated!

Offline perryt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #170 on: Jan 12, 2016, 10:44 AM »
Not sure if this was stated, apologize if so, but I have an LX-7 and LOVE its versatility. They are on sale at FISHUSA for $599, very good price.
I have the LX6 same as 7 with slightly smaller screen .......... love it !
ice fishing rules

Offline pauly6777

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #171 on: Jan 12, 2016, 11:40 AM »
Welcome to Syracuse, what school are you attending? I'll have the NE Patriots flag flying high!

Offline fishernet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #172 on: Jan 12, 2016, 06:59 PM »
Hay Pally my son and I built the Gillette stadium back in jan of 2001. My son decided to stay in the boston area for the next 10 yrs. we are union ironworkers out of local 60 here in Syracuse. I was 53 at the time. 4 months into the job I had an accident that ended my 33yr career. So I had to come back home and fish for the last 15 yrs. Its not easy to be me. We to became Patriot fans. Also follow the bills jets cowboys Vikings and green bay oh and Peyton Manning. I usually do very well on Sunday afternoons,  fishernet out   ps I also have a vex 18  love it

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #173 on: Jan 12, 2016, 08:29 PM »
Thanks guys/gals yea i currently have the FL8 and will be pulling the trigger on the LX7 I have $200 in visa gift cards so that will drop it to 399 and fishusa gave me $5 off coupon so $394! Also my uncle wants to buy my FL8 from me for $150 so $244 of my money and I'll get to borrow the FL8 if I need! Asked if they gave any special offers to iceshanty members and they gave me a code for $5 off a $20 or more order... was hoping for 10% off but its better than nothing! Thinking tomorrows the day it gets ordered....

One more think how is it hole hopping?

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #174 on: Jan 12, 2016, 08:40 PM »
Lx7 is OK for hole hoping. It works fine. Balances funny though. Only thing I didn't like about mine. I wouldn't be swinging it all over, don't want it to slip out  ;D trying to check out the new lx6s to see how the 6 handles with the smaller footprint

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #175 on: Jan 13, 2016, 06:15 AM »
Yo Loudmouth,

You sound motivated my friend. You and my Sweeta-Rita are kindred spirits. She doesn't buy anything till it's on sale, has accumulated umpteen credit card points and searches for scratches and dents. She always gets mail in rebates and searches the internet with a vengeance for best buy, not to mention broadcasts to all family members her intent to buy just before her Birthday. Works every time. Me, on the other hand usually buy something for 20% over list and forget to send in the rebate.  Hope the LX7 is all you want it to be bud.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FISH ON

Lol! well when you have a student loan payment every month you try to get things a cheaply as you can lol

Offline Carcajou17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Fishin' Gal
« Reply #176 on: Jan 13, 2016, 07:07 AM »
Video below is from last winter off Godfrey Point; date is incorrect. Good luck with whatever you choose and lets get some ICE !!!

Great video, Loudmouth!
Carcajou = Wolverine
Blessed and thanking God I can do this ice fishing thing...

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #177 on: Jan 13, 2016, 07:15 AM »
sunday  big bay had a lot of open water again ..... if ya go  you better have a spud and a jacket ....

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #178 on: Jan 13, 2016, 07:24 AM »
How's the snow up that way looks like Oneida lake is the bullseye hope it slushes up this wind can't be helping ice making

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #179 on: Jan 13, 2016, 07:31 AM »
How's the snow up that way looks like Oneida lake is the bullseye hope it slushes up this wind can't be helping ice making

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.